Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Odds and Ends

I realized in my last post I forgot I had stitched some other patriotic pieces that I didn't mention.  These don't fall under Gifted Gorgeousness so I guess I should post them where you can see them.  I always add things I finish to my goals page for the year, but I doubt many of you look there.  So...here are some things I missed telling you about.  

I have some Christmas stitching goals I try to reach each month.  Usually they are from the JCS Ornament issues from different years.  But this little owl is from Foss Box and has been in my stash for ages.  I finally pulled it out to satisfy one of the "requirements" from a challenge I'm working on.  I had fun stitching this, and hope to finish it in a round ornament.  (I left off the square border around it).  



I've also been working on the 12 Days of Christmas from the book 2001 Christmas Designs.  I'm trying to stitch one a month, so far I'm up to 7 Swans a Swimming.  Here are the first half of the year!  









I have been trying to add to my patriotic stitching and found these two in some Blackbird Design books I have.  First is Song of Summer 



and the second is Patriotic Bouquet.  Still trying to decide how I'll fully finish them...they were fun to stitch!  



I also stitched TWO of these Old Glory by Little House Needleworks.  I sent one  to my pen pal for last month's exchange and finished up the other for me to display.  I found these little candle holders at Hobby Lobby and have finished both in the same manner.  I love how they turned out!  




I was supposed to stitch something cancer related for my pen pal this month, but kind of lost the plot on that one.  She and I both decided to stitch something different that represents July...but I did stitch this before I had changed my mind about what to stitch.  I know it was supposed to represent finding a cure for Covid, and ironically I caught Covid not long after finishing this...so I guess now it's my memory for catching it...haha.  I still think it's a sweet design.  This was Hope Cure by Henzeit.  



I guess that catches me up!  I'm still lagging in energy but really feel the desire to fully finish some items.  Maybe my desire will catch up with my energy and I'll get some things finished off toward the end of the month.  Watch this space!  LOL  Till then, happy stitching and stay safe everyone! 

4 comments:

diamondc said...

DJ: So many lovely Christmas ornaments to enjoy, I am so in love with the Owl, he is adorable.
I am a Blackbird Designs fan, I have the book like the one you have I stitched the bird with the flag many moons ago.
Old Glory is beautiful, what a lovely finish.
Cute House of Hope.

Catherine

Robin in Virginia said...

What a wonderful assortment of finishes, DJ! I love how you finished the Old Glory piece by LHN. The owl is so adorable. Thinking of you.

Sandy said...

Such sweet stitching. Love them all. The 12 days of Christmas is special. Will be anxious to see this project continue. Your month goal of stiching seems to be working nicely for you.
Sandy's Space

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

This was a nice catch-up post! The 12 Days series looks great as do all the ornaments.
Most of my finishes come under "Smalls" or the "WIPocalypse" posts, then my Pie post scoops up anything else.