Saturday, September 25, 2021

Just another stitch day...

I'm going to try and post more often, seems when I do post they are miles too long...even I get tired of reading them!  LOL  Now that I have most of the "baby stitching" done, I have a little more time to catch up on WIPs and other stitching.  I have been trying to keep up with Pen Pal stitching.  In the last post I showed the Baltimore Oriole I stitched, so this time I'll show you the finish I had.

A while ago (years now) I attended a retreat we used to hold annually (before covid) and we would exchange stitched gifts.  One year one of the ladies finished a pin cushion on a little glass tray.  I loved the idea, and visited thrift stores here and there looking for the right kind of relish trey.  I found a few, wrapped them up, and stored them for the next time I wanted to try making one.  I've been making different things for my pen pal, but was wracking my brain trying to think of something different when I remembered the trays I had stashed away.  My husband is thrilled I'm letting go of different things!  LOL  It's really time I de-stashed!  Anyway, here is the outcome....not too bad for my first attempt!



She texted the day she got it and thanked me, she said she just couldn't wait.  Aww...I'm soooo glad she liked it!  I really need to make one for myself now!  LOL!!  It's really hard thinking of fresh ideas, I'm sure she's tired of getting little ornament finishes...I honestly love stitching for others, the finishing is a chore for me!

I realized I haven't always shown the stitching she makes for me.  Her stitching is lovely!  And she is a master at finishing in different ways.  She's a delight...her letters are fun...and I'm always surprised by what she sends.  Here is what she sent the last two months.




I've been working on Christmas ornaments.  Here are the latest two...

Snow Day by Squareology from the 2016 JCS Ornament issue  Isn't it fun?  Now to decide to finish as a round ornament or a biscornu.  



Santa & Helper by Keslyn's from the 2021 JCS Ornament issue.  I don't know why I have been having so much fun stitching these gnomes...funny how lately there have been a lot of them!  This one will probably be made into a stocking.



I finally pulled this WIP out of my closet.  I was doing so good when this was a SAL.  It's a challenge to stitch...on the sparkling fabric...it knots my threads and shreds them pretty quickly.  I'm going to power through, and NEVER use sparkly fabric again!  LOL!!  Anyway, here's a before and after picture so you can see how slooooow I go with this one!  LOL!!




Ok, off I go to get some stitching in before my sunshine (little Aubrey) arrives.  They are visiting today.    I hope you are safe and well wherever you are!  Happy Stitching!

3 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Gloria is looking super, your friend has sent you some lovely gifts, it must be so nice to stitch and sent to each other. I love your pin cushion in the relish tray, I have one somewhere ... maybe I'll give it a go.

diamondc said...

DJ: I love that tray, what a great idea, may I steal the idea from you?
Your Pen Pal does do wonderful finishing, they are lovely designs.
The sleds are so sweet, I need to get my ornament book out and take another look.
Santa and helper make me smile such a sweet design.
Gloria is an amazing design, I have used the sparkly fabric and had no problems however I did notice my needle was starting to break, hopefully you do not have anymore problems with thread it can be maddening.
Have fun with little Aubrey.

Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love the way Gloria is progressing, these are always beautiful designs.
The pincushion in a dish is a lovely idea, the other compartments are perfect for scissors and ORTs too.