Sunday, August 15, 2021

August Gifted Gorgeousness

Hello fellow stitchers!  Thanks for visiting my blog today!  If you are a frequent reader you'll know that Gifted Gorgeousness is the post I talk about the things I've stitched during the past month that were gifted to me (fabrics, fibers, or patterns and fully finished projects) or that I have gifted others.  Last month was Christmas in July so I finished off a lot of little projects that I will be gifting others used patterns that were gifted to me (or were free from designers) .  If you would like to participate in this challenge that is the brain child of Jo over at Serendipitous Stitching.  You can read the rules here.  Or you can visit Jo's page and see what others are stitching here.

Many of you know I've been stitching the free Advent characters from Brooke's Books.  I was down to the last two!  I have them all stitched now and will be fully finishing them soon!  Here are Deborah Donkey, and Rudolf Reindeer both stitched on 32 count  light blue over one.




I've also been stitching the 12 Dragonets of 2012 by Dragon Dreams.  I was stitching one a month but since last month was Christmas in July challenge I was able to finish stitching the last 5 and hopefully will fully finish them soon.  Here are 8 Dragons Milking, 9 Dragons Dancing, 10 Dragons Leaping, 11 Dragons Piping, and 12 Dragons Drumming.  These are stitched on 28 count natural over two.







I have been working on some Nursery Rhyme Characters hoping to make a mobile for my Grandchild who will be delivered in September.  I was hoping to finish it for the shower that was yesterday, but I just ran out of time.  So here are the last few that weren't published last month.  I'm just going to show the pictures, and you can guess the rhymes.  If you get stumped, they are listed on the 2021 goals page...just scroll down the finished items and you should find them.  These are stitched on 40 count Lambswool over two and were quick and easy stitches!









I was able to finish up a couple of crocheted items for the baby too.   First was this little afghan.  This was such a challenge to me...but so relieved when I finished it.  I love how it came out!



And last is this Yawn the Sheep Snuggle Sack.  This was a free pattern from Yarnspirations.  I found a few mistakes in the pattern, but I was able to work around them and figure out how to put it together.  My DIL loved it!  And my son said they could put the baby in it for their first Halloween...hahaha.  It's pretty big, so he or she might be a little lost in it, but it will definitely keep them warm!  July/August is a pretty warm month to be crocheting....but it's the first project of this type that I have done and I'm pretty proud of how it turned out!



And that's all that's fit to print.  I did take a week long vacation to celebrate our 37th anniversary and hopefully when life slows down a bit I'll be able to blog a little bit about that.  We were so focused  on the shower that happened yesterday, that I have had little time for anything else.  I have to say there was a nice turn out for the shower and they got a lot of really sweet gifts.  Hopefully I'll be back to stitching again soon, it's been so long I really feel like I'm going through withdrawal!  But this time it will be things I want to stitch for ME!  (How's that for selfishness?  hahaha)  Ok, off to take a well deserved rest today.  I hope you are all safe, healthy, and loving life!  Happy Stitching!

7 comments:

Elfie said...

I always enjoy seeing your stitching projects, but this month I also really liked your crochet work. Both beautiful, and very practical gifts for your grandchild.

jocondine said...

The mobile is such a great idea for a baby gift. Your crochet works are lovely, those wool covers are always very useful. xxx

Clare-Aimetu said...

What a lot of stitching, great projects that will look great when all together. A new baby is very exciting, your crochet is lovely. Happy Anniversary to you both x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. The new baby is the perfect excuse for lots of gifts! Love all the little Nursery Rhyme designs.
Well done on finishing the Advent series and the Dragonlets! I think the Leaping Dragon is my favourite.
You've got plenty to post about for Rachel's Finishing Gallery now!

Beth in IL said...

Wow! You have been busy. Beautiful work. And I love the crochet blanket.

RONI said...

There's something so cheeky about the drummer dragon, I love it!

Susan said...

WOW! You were busy this month. Love the crochet - the blanket is stunning and that sheep is too cute. My latest great-niece just might need one of those.