Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Oh Happy Day!!!!





I've been waiting to share this news for months!  The kids told us in January.  Ben handed his Dad a book for his birthday.  It was about the miracle on ice when the American team beat the Russian team during the 1980 Winter Olympics during the playoffs for the Gold Medal.  The inscription inside the book mentioned that wasn't the only miracle story they had to share.  There was a lot of excitement that day, and a few tears were shed.

I don't know if you know the whole story about Ben and his first love, Katie.  She had Cystic Fibrosis and was told she could never have children.  We loved Katie, and supported Ben in his decision to marry her, but deep in my heart I felt a heaviness that I would never be a Grandmother.  I just love babies, and after many of my friends have become Grandparents, I was aching to have some Grandkids to love.  We miss Katie, and she will always have a special place in our hearts.  I will say, though, I was thrilled when Ben met and fell in love with Heather.  Heather loves kids and I know she is going to be a great Mom!  We were a little surprised that they decided to have kids so soon, but I couldn't be more excited to be a Grandma!  I love how they shared this on Facebook!  I have already picked out a few things to stitch for the baby, and now you know why the urgency to finish up the Advent Calendar.  Off to rummage through my stash!  Thanks for reading...Happy Stitching!  Oh....by the way.....Happy St. Patrick's Day!!





7 comments:

Shami Immanuel said...

Congrats. My prayers are there for Ben and Katie.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great news, congratulations to you all, exciting times ahead

Terri said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on the wonderful news! I love that babygro too, so much fun.
17th September is a good day to be born. Or after 23rd if you want a little Libra.
Can't wait to see how much you can stitch between now and the birth date. You have a Nursery to fill!
I guess this also makes sense of why they moved house so soon! A Nursery and a Granny Room too.

Robin in Virginia said...

Congratulations to the parents to be along with the grandparents to be! What incredible news! Praying for a smooth pregnancy for Heather.

diamondc said...

DJ: How wonderful, congratulations to the beautiful couple and Grandma and Grandpa.
Lovely Irish pendant.
Have a wonderful week.

Catherine

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Congratulations. What terrific news to learn that you are going to be a grandmother.