Monday, March 15, 2021

March Gifted Gorgeousness


Good Morning!  It's the second day after we change the time and it's still dark outside.  This will take some getting used to!  LOL  Welcome to my March post featuring Gifted Gorgeousness.  This is a lovely challenge (and my favorite by far!) offered by Jo over at Serendipitous Stitching.  She has developed this challenge to showcase things that are gifted.  They can be items stitched from things given to us, or things we stitch to gift to others.  Mostly anything with the title gift attached to them.  If you want to see the original rules or if you want to sign up to join us, please click HERE.  If you want to see who is participating you can find the links on Jo's homepage by clicking HERE.

So...what have I been up to this month?  Hm...Let's see...my husband (who is my biggest fan) is very good at supporting my habit.  He has bought all the JCS discs available and gifts me the subscriptions too!  I consider anything I stitch from the magazines a gift from him.  I've been busy this month with a few.  First off is Little Lambs by Ursula Michaels from the 2002 JCS Ornament issue.  This was stitched on 36 count Mystic over two.  I just love how it came out!



Next is Snoelle by Linda Jenkins from the 2020 JCS Ornament issue.  This was stitched on 36 count antique white over two.  This was a fun one, and now I have to figure out how I want to finish these two!  Decisions, Decisions!



I've been working on the free Advent calendar from Brooke's Books for my DIL.  She loves these little characters, and they have been fun to stitch.  The latest two are Pearly Pig



And Kenny Kangaroo.  These are both stitched on 32 count Blue over one.  I really need to get busy and get these finished into ornaments!



Next up are some monthly pieces I have been making.  These are from Little House Needleworks and I've been stitching them for my friend over in England.  She has been putting a flip book together.  She just received the latest, so here are the last two I've sent to her, March, and April.  These are stitched on 40 count natural over two.





I've also been working on a monthly SAL I signed up for last year.  I'm stitching them individually and will make them into pillows.  The first three were free on her facebook page, so I consider these two gifts.  Here are February, and March.  I just love the little one playing in the puddle.  February was stitched on 40 count flax over two, and March was stitched on 36 count natural over two.






For my 12 Days of Christmas this year I've been stitching the 12 Dragonlets of 2021 that were free from Dragon Dreams.  I love the little characters in this set.  This was 3 French Hens, and all the French references had me cracking up.  See the wine glass, the chees, the little beret on the hen's head and the baguette.  So much fun!!  These are stitched on 28 count natural over two.



I've been able to keep up with the Peppermint Purple Blackwork SAL this year.  This is also a freebie offered on their Facebook page.  Here is where I am right now.  This is stitched on Antique Ivory 40 count over two.  I love how it's coming along.  One of these days I really should start on the border....



I stitched a wee bit on Flowers and Lace by Kooler Designs.  This was a Christmas gift one year from my husband, he found the fabric, the floss and the pattern!  I should spend more time on it, I love  this one so much!!



I've been asked to participate in a Round Robin again this year.  Anyone who knows me, knows I love to participate in these.  The lovely Ms. M from Canada sent this Dutch Tile series to me she found in the May 2006 CrossStitcher magazine.  This was stitched on 28 count white over two.  I love it!!  Now I'm on the lookout for these patterns so I can stitch them for myself!!  I think a bellpull would look lovely!



I guess that's all the gifted stitching I've done since last time.  I hope I haven't bored you with my stitching.  I think the reason I got so much done is because I participated in a challenge last month where you had to stitch at least 30 minutes a day and post before and after pictures each day.  I was able to stitch every day!  Hopefully one day I'll receive a needleminder for completing the challenge!  Thanks for stopping by!  I'm behind in answering your comments from last time, but hopefully I'll catch up soon.  Till then, Happy Stitching!

8 comments:

Shami Immanuel said...

All your stichings are nice.

Robin in Virginia said...

What a nice variety of stitching you shared, DJ! I am behind again on reading your blog, so off I go to catch up. Happy Monday!

diamondc said...

DJ: You have been busy, nice progress on Peppermint Purple, Flowers and Lace is a beauty.
Have a lovely day

Catherine

Clare-Aimetu said...

Super stitching as always, I haven't started my JCS yet, yours looks lovely.

The Lady Kay said...

What a lovely assortment of stitches. Now I have to go down the rabbit hole to find out about Round Robins!! Thanks!!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I love all the different ornaments you've stitched so far. I'm in two minds about the Snoelle but I did cut a piece of blue fabric off a piece I framed today which may be large enough for it.

Kaisievic said...

Oh, my goodness, so much to see in this post - lovely projects.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

These are all lovely, DJ. The Dutch tile is impressive. I like the specialty stitches in Flowers and Lace. The placement of the butterfly draws the eye to the centre of the design. I look forward to seeing more of this project.