Sunday, January 10, 2021

Happy New Year (more than a week late)

Well, it's been a bit crazy here at DJ's Digs.  Between Christmas, New Years, and the like I've been here, there and everywhere.  I have a new computer which...I'm not sure I like much, but I'm moving forward anyway...LOL.  The computer story is a long one, and I won't bore you with details, but it's part of the reason I've been MIA on my blog for so long.

Christmas was a bit different this year.  As our son had moved out early last year, he wasn't here for Christmas morning this year.  We actually got to sleep in late, and take our time opening presents, but in all honesty, I missed the excitement.  Mr. B always made it fun.  Guess this is the new normal as an empty nester.   But...for some unknown reason, I have been getting Christmas gifts still.  The mail has been slow but it has made almost every day an adventure...haha  I'm still waiting on two packages I was told have been sent.

So...let's see, where do I begin?  I participated in a pattern exchange with a lady from Canada.  She sent me this book, and a few other little goodies along with it.  I saw her Gingerbread Houses that she finished, and she had extra books, so lucky me I have another thing on my list to stitch...and even better, there is a nativity pattern in this book too.  Jackpot!!  I love the little bird patterns she sent too....I need a few more lifetimes!  LOL



My husband is my best enabler, and he found some really good ones this year!  I'm spoiled and I know it!  He has learned how to download patterns from different sites (I trained him well, didn't I?) so I received a few PDF files too...one he kitted with fabric, floss and beads!  First up is Merry Christmas from Owl Forest Embroidery.



Next is Winter Snowfall by Shannon Christine.  This is the one he kitted up for me.  I have drooled over this pattern since she first started designing it...darned Facebook, I shouldn't be watching her page....haha.  My fingers are itching to start this one!



He found a few books I've been looking at too, I don't know how he finds them!!  There were two from Blackbird Designs I hoped for...Sewing Club and Winds of Autumn.  I found boxes earlier for Mouse and picked a few up for myself too...now to decide which pattern to stitch first!



The Ultimate Sampler Motifs book is something I've wanted for a while now.  It's been out of print for a while, and they recently re-released it with updates.  I hope to design a sampler that honors my Mom...this should help a lot.  I love Benda Keyes designs!!



Another gift was this disc with JCS issues from 2010 to 2015.  I now have EVERY magazine published.  I have been given this magazine subscription as gifts over the years, but now I have most of them on discs, and those that I don't have on discs, I have downloaded the patterns from the website (a courtesy when you subscribe to the paper copy).  I love going back over the years looking at the older patterns especially the Christmas issues.



The last gift he gave me was this box of all the new colors of DMC floss.  This box appears to be a bit thicker than the earlier ones, and in really great condition.  I think I might even be able to use it to keep a project in while working on it.  Fun, huh?



I have a few things I've been stitching, I'm going to save some for Gifted Gorgeousness that I will post on the 15th...but here are some that aren't "gifted".  I found these adorable masked ornaments, and they were so popular, I'll be making a few more for some folks who liked them (They are friends I can't say no to...LOL)  Here they are fully finished and ready to be sent on...



I've had a tradition of starting something new on Christmas day and New Years day, this year I started After the Roses by Ink Circles on Christmas day.   I'm stitching on 40 count flax over two...and I love it so far!



For my New Years start, I started stitching on Modern Folk Embroidery SAL that I signed up for back in November.  I love this design so far!  I'm stitching on 32 count Ivory over one using different colors than they listed.  When I get a chance I'll post the numbers next month.  



I'll leave you with this project I'm working on.  I started this as a SAL with Mouse and a few other ladies.  We hoped to finish by November of this year, but I'm already a little behind schedule.  I love these patterns, and I think they look pretty good on this 40 count Vintage Country Mocha.  This is Anniversary of the Heart series and there are 12 in the series along with a few bonus pieces.  I finally finished up the brick work, so hopefully this second section I'm working on will go a bit faster now!



I guess that's all the news that's fit to print.  I hope everyone is safe, warm, healthy and doing well emotionally with all the upheaval in the world today.  I'm thankful for the stitching community that helps to keep me focused on positive things and keeps my mind and fingers busy!  Happy Stitching!!

5 comments:

Katie said...

Glad to hear things are going well for you. Change with technology takes a bit to get used to. Hope your new computer fits right in soon. Lovely stitching on everything. Great presents. Yeah the mail issue was just crazy this year. We luckily received everything for Jeremiah. I got a package a few days late but it was for me so that's okay. I could wait. Keep up that gorgeous stitching.

Clare-Aimetu said...

What a lovely post full of beautiful gifts and super stitching. Your hubby is a star with such great gifts. With our restricted lives our Christmas was different but fun. Happy stitching in 2021

Robin in Virginia said...

Hope you adjust to your new computer, DJ! You received some lovely things for Christmas. I think you have made beautiful progress on the Anniversaries of the Heart piece. I would love more information about the Brenda Keyes Sampler book you received. Have a blessed New Year!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

How lovely that your husband got those gifts for you!
What you have stitched and are stitching are lovely. You always have plenty of variety in your projects.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

There's definitely ten days of blogging in this one post! Hubby is getting rather good at finding the presents for you, especially the hard to find charts.
I like the Owl Forest letters, and the new starts too. Ink Circles always do great designs.