Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Remembering...

October used to be one of my favorite months.  I love the cool crisp air, the sight of leaves adorning their fall colors, and geese begin their migration south for the winter.  I love to hear them as they fly overhead, calling to one another...like they are encouraging one another in their journey.  Now, it holds a lot of memories.  Today is my Dad's birthday, he would have been 88 today.  I miss him...his corny Dad jokes, his warm hugs, and his deep belly laugh.  He wasn't the perfect Dad, no one is, but he was a good man with a big heart.  He worked hard to take care of his family, I guess I got my work ethic from him.   A lot of people at the wedding thought Ben looks a lot like him.  I can see some of the mannerisms my Dad had in Ben, and I know he would be so proud of the man he has become.  I wish you could have been with us.  I miss you like crazy.  Happy Birthday, Dad. 




 

3 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely photos of your Dad. It's nice that people think your son is like him too.

Robin in Virginia said...

Beautiful photos and memories, DJ!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Lovely photos and memories, DJ.