Saturday, September 5, 2020

Flip flopping like a fish out of water...

Hi all you lovely stitchers out there!  I hope everyone is staying safe and keeping healthy.  It's been a wild and wacky ride here for us lately.  There has been so much going on lately that I can't seem to wrap my head around it all.  Between trying to help plan a wedding, wedding showers, wardrobe shopping, and staying upright while experiencing vertigo, sheltering from tornado warnings, dress shopping and dress altering, my brain has finally reached overload!  I can't seem to focus on one thing for very long.  I pick up one thing to stitch, and it doesn't hold my interest, so it's on to the next.  Lord have mercy!!  LOL  *Deep breath*

So...what have I been up to?  Well, thankfully I'm still keeping on track for some of the challenges I've signed up for.  For the Christmas Ornament SAL I stitched these two from the 2019 JCS Ornament issue.  First up is Silvery Lace Snowflake by Works by ABC.  This is stitched on 32 count navy Belfast linen over two using DMC 5200, and silver petite treasure braid.



The second is Elf at work by La Bottega delle Meraviglie di Anna stitched on 40 count Vintage Mocha over two.  I loved working on this one and actually finished it in one day.  One of the very few things I was able to focus on long enough to finish it in a short period of time.



I finished up a bookmark.  This was supposed to be for a pen pal that I signed up for through a facebook page.  I sent my August gift to her, but haven't heard back from her...so I'm hanging on to it for a while to see if she finally sends something.  It's so discouraging...but lesson learned!  This was a freebie from Killer Crafts and Crafty Killers blog.  You can find the pattern here.  I finished it with the buttonhole stitch and fusible interfacing on the back.



I'm still trying to keep up with the Birds and Blackwork Flowers SAL by Leslie Teare.  I love her designs, each one is so unique and colorful!  Here is Septembers part.



I've fallen behind in Gloria.  I'm working on part 16 though 17 and 18 have already been published.  I really do love Tempted Tangles designs, but this one is just spectacular, and each part published has another charming surprise!  I hope to catch up once the wedding is over, fingers crossed!!  Here is where I am so far...



I received United We Stand, an exclusive Blackbird Designs which is just lovely!  I have nearly finished the top part, and hope to finish the top later tonight.  Here is where I started today...



I am prepped and ready to start Coming to America tomorrow.  Is anyone else taking part in this experience?  We have 66 days to complete the piece, the same number of days the Pilgrims took to sail from England to the New World back in 1620...four hundred years ago....the first ladies to bring samplers to America.  Wish me luck as I set sail on this adventure!  I'll keep you posted on my progress.  

Off to get some more stitching done and try to keep my sanity intact.  Wish me luck!!  Stay safe and healthy out there!  Happy Stitching!

3 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

You are a busy bee but what exciting times. Great stitching, although you say you are behind Gloria is looking great. Good luck with Coming to America.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely work on the ornaments. Gloria is looking stunning. I saw a sneak peek of the new Tempting Tangles, book themed and very tempting too!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

What a difference seeing someone's finish of a design. That snowflake design didn't capture my eye in the ornament magazine. I'll have to take another look. You are good at making progress on your ornaments.