Thursday, February 6, 2020

Very Merry Berry

It's been a wild week!  Today was the first day this week I could stay home and relax.  I'm glad because it was a dark, dreary, rainy day and I guess after all the stuff that has been going on, it's good to just rest and recoup.  I was up early, but took a 3 hour nap this afternoon and I feel sooooo much better!  

I'm working hard to keep up with some SALs I decided to stitch.  Here is the bird for the Lesley Teare Birds and Blackwork Flowers SAL I'm participating in.  This is a paid SAL through Creative Poppy.  There will be 12 parts to this SAL, one a month.  I enjoyed last months part so much, I couldn't wait to get started on this months.  The colors are such bright, happy colors, they are a joy to work on!  This is stitched on 28 count white linen over two.


I was able to finish up the Nativity Berry by Erica Michaels.  Now to find time to finish up some of the berries I have laying around...or maybe I should just finish up the other ones that need stitching...decisions, decisions.  This was stitched on 32 count Nocturne over two and using the recommended threads.


This was the project of the month for the Stitching Post challenge (my LNS) and there is only one month remaining!  Now I'm off to get started on the Christmas ornaments for this months challenge.  I'm hoping to finish them up soon and get back to Flowers and Lace!  And that is all I have to report.  Happy Stitching!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Birds and Blackwork is amazing, what vibrant colours there are in that one. Stunning!

Robin in Virginia said...

Your Nativity Berry turned out so pretty. That Nocturne is a gorgeous linen. The Birds and Blackwork piece is looking good. I hope you have a relaxing weekend, DJ!

Kaisievic said...

I love Nativity Berry (can't wait to see it made up) and lovely work on the bird.

Katie said...

I love the blackwork SAL. So beautiful. I bought some patterns for the berries but I'm really scared to put them together. I can barely sew a straight line haha. Good luck assembling them.