Monday, January 27, 2020

This, That, and the ....squirrel

I don't know what has got into me, I seem to be a swinging pendulum lately!  I have so many lovely things kitted up that I don't know where to turn so why not just start them all and see where things lead?  haha   I guess I'll blame my sudden swings on finishing my challenge piece really early this month...and then I was focused on making the Bride's Tree ornaments so I was switching up projects ever other day or so.  No boredom there!  Then a friend wanted me to have a SAL just between the two of us with a kit she received at a retreat/class she attended.  (Another friend attended the same class and gave me hers because she didn't want to stitch it ... lucky me!!)  For Christmas my husband gave me the SAL Gloria by Tempting Tangles and I've been dying to start it.  And there you have my dilemma.  I started Flowers and Lace (a gift from my DH a while ago) on New Years Day.  All of these are a joy to stitch!!  But I really want to keep up with the SAL Gloria (I'm already two parts behind!)  Decisions, Decisions!  Anyway, they are all started now, so when I feel like one or the other, I just pick that one up and get a few stitches in.  Hopefully I will catch up with Gloria...wish me luck there!   Anyway, pictures, I'm sure you want to see them.  

Here is Gloria by Tempting Tangles.  I started this on January 26th, it's being stitched on 32 count white opalescent over two.




Flowers and Lace by Kooler Designs.  This is being stitched on 32 count Antique white over two.



Blooming Bouquets- Thankful by Jeanette Douglas (I think this is my favorite so far because of the gorgeous silk threads that came in the kit...it's like stitching with butter!)  This is being stitched on 40 count Heartland by Picture This Plus over two.



In a few days I'll have to start my next challenge piece so these beauties will be put on hold for a while.  I may have to think about a rotation...I like stitching on all of them!!

And now today, I hope to finish off the remaining Bride's Tree ornaments.  I have 6 left to finish and I might redo another one that I didn't like the trim...The stockings are going to give me trouble I think...wish me luck!!  Happy Stitching everyone!

4 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Pretty pieces that you have started! There is an app out there (I've seen a number of stitchers use it on Instagram) that looks like a roulette with the names of their projects on the wheel to help them figure out what to work on. Just a thought!

Katie said...

LOL I love new starts so I won't be upset with you haha. Lovely work on everything. Enjoy! I always figure I do cross stitching because I enjoy it so I work on what I want when I want.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

These are all gorgeous projects, I can understand your struggle! The butterfly is so beautiful and tiny. The colours in Gloria are wonderful too.
I use the Tiny Decisions app that Robin mentions, it's a good way to choose projects when you want to stitch them all!

Julie said...

Flowers and Lace is so delicate and elegant looking. Lots of lovely things to keep you busy.