Monday, December 30, 2019

Rolling on...

Once I got through Christmas and other gatherings I seem to be making up for lost time!  I finished another THREE Mill Hill kits yesterday, and started another today.  If only it were this easy to get them finished into ornaments!!   Again I substituted fabric for the perforated paper.  I hope to finish them into round ornaments, except for the church...I haven't quite figured out how I'm going to finish that one.  Where there were little "extras" to stitch and attach later (the bird in the angel's hand and the apple next to the basket of fruit)  I either stitched it where I thought it should go, or I stitched it alongside the original design.  I thought the apple looked better sitting to the side anyway, it looks like the basket overflowed...perfect for symbolizing "plenty".   

Here we have Christmas Angel, the Angel symbolizes faith and God.


And Sunday Night, the church symbolizes God's presence in their lives.


And Autumn Bounty, the basket of fruit symbolizes plenty to eat and also generosity.


I'm hoping to have at least one more finish before the New Year...I better get busy figuring out what I'm going to start on New Years Day!  Have you decided what to start?  Have you decided on your stitching goals?  I'm still working on setting goals.  I may have to put "getting organized" on my New Year's resolution list...haha  I'll be back in a couple of days to let you know what I'm working on.  Till then....Happy Stitching!

4 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Wow, you really are on a roll! These are all lovely, so bright and cheerful.

Katie said...

Gorgeous work! Love them. Yep I'm ready to go finally. Good luck finalizing your plans.

Robin in Virginia said...

Each one is beautiful, but the church is my favorite! Still working on my stitching lists for 2020, but do have my January 1st project along with the rest of the January projects ready to go. Look forward to reading your plans, DJ! Wishing you a very happy and bright New Year!

Julie said...

A lovely selection you've created, such beauty in each one.