Friday, December 13, 2019

12 Days of Christmas - Day 1



I'm participating in the 12 Days of Christmas with an online group.  I participated in this group last year, and had so much fun, I couldn't wait to sign up for it again this year!  We buy or make 12 gifts that are worth $2.00 each or $24.00 as a whole, wrap them, then we can either number them in the order they should be opened, or just let them dig in and pick their own each day.  Starting on the 13th of December, we open one gift a day until Christmas day!  Already my partner has spoiled me with a little package of Hershey Kisses (I love chocolate...how did she know?)  And today's gift is a needlebook!  I love this!  Not only does it snap closed (what a brilliant idea) but it has a place for needles and a place to store floss or scissors or whatever might fit in those nice little circular clips.  The design is just too cute...makes me want to sign up for Camp Wannasew!  What a fun opening to the series!!






I sent my partner a little ornament for her first day.  I hope she likes it!



It's been a gift giving day!!  I started attending a woman's group at a local church.  Today was their Christmas party where we play a game called Yankee Trader.  I brought this gift for the party.




And this is the gift I received.  I am good friends with the lady I received this from, she is a gifted stitcher/finisher, and I just love this little ornament.  It's also full of Godiva chocolate, Andes Chocolate bar and candy canes...I'm going to have to throw my scales out the window until after the new year!  LOL




I hope I have time to post everyday, I just love this time of year.  I hope you are enjoying the season as much as we do here at DJ's Digs!  Happy Stitching!

3 comments:

Katie said...

I love this type of exchange and always miss joining in. I will just live through your awesome exchange. I just LOVE the needle book you received. Adorable!! Great ornaments you made as well. The stocking is just adorable too.

FlashinScissors said...

What lovely gifts you received and swapped! I love that camp fire scene, and what a gorgeous stocking!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Catching up with blog posts!
I did wonder about whether there was a price limit to the exchange. It would be so easy to overspend!
Nice start with the needlebook and Ornament.