Sunday, September 15, 2019

September Gifted Gorgeousness

Whew!  The past few weeks have been crazy, but I finally have a few minutes for a breather....thank heavens!  My poor body was beginning to feel the stress!  It's on the 15th and already I have caught up on all the challenges for this month!  Yippee!  That means I can stitch on some things I've had sitting around here begging for my attention!

So....if you are interested in knowing what Gifted Gorgeousness is, please take a little trip over to Jo's blog Serendipitous Stitching.  You can read about the challenge here.  Or you can go to her page here and see what everyone is up to.  And if you feel like participating, please do....I have to thank Jo because I've been working through all the gifts I've been given and it gives me incentive to get-er-done!

First off, I've been working on a Christmas ornament challenge, and going through Just Cross Stitch back issues of the ornament specials.  My husband bought me all the discs that are available with back issues of JCS magazine.  I love tripping through them looking for just the right ornaments that fit the challenge I'm participating in.  So I consider all the ornaments I'm stitching as gifted gorgeousness items.  So...here is the first one,  1999 Ornament by Vermillion Stitchery from the 1999 JCS ornament issue




Next is the Holy Family by Cathy Livingston from the 1993 JCS ornament issue.




Next is Bless The Lord by My big Toe from the 2018 JCS ornament issue.




Next are three of the 12 Days of Christmas from the March 1989 issue of Cross Stitch and Country Crafts Magazine....I'm skipping ahead because I wanted to finish these up long before Christmas!  All of them are stitched on 28 count over one on white fabric.  Funny how the fabric looks different colors under different light.  Here is 9 Ladies Dancing




10 Lords a Leaping




11 Pipers Piping




And 12 Drummers Drumming!  All done and in time for Christmas!


Next is the 2010 Ornament by The Sweetheart Tree from the 2010 JCS ornament issue.  This was stitched on 32 count natural opalescent over two.  I wish you could see the sparkles in the fabric!!  I've stitched this a few times, but it's such a fun stitch, I don't mind doing it over and over!




Last is a gift I stitched for a friend of mine.  I stitched this for a give away at St. Michaels this year, and she loved it so much she suggested an exchange.  So I was supposed to stitch this for her, while she stitched something else for me.  Once I have it framed, I can pass it on to her (hopefully by our monthly stitch day later this month.  This is Take Time To Stitch by Jeanette Doughlas.  



I guess that's it for this post.  Happy Stitching everyone!

7 comments:

jocondine said...

What a show! Everything is beautiful, I love the Holly Family very nice chart in a modern style. Always fan of 12 days of Christmas stitchings, yours is so great, I must look for the others designs to see the all piece, really very nice. And I understand why you love to stitch again that ornament, so delicate . Thank you for sharing. xxx

Elfie said...

I really enjoyed looking at your lovely Christmas ornaments. I think we have similar tastes when it comes to Christmas stitching. Beautiful work!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month.
I love the finished 12 Days of Christmas, how will you FFO them?

The Sweetheart Tree was my second choice for this issue of JCS. It's a beautiful design.

Katie said...

What a beautiful bunch of goodies. Thanks for sharing. Beautiful gifts indeed.

Christine said...

Great stitching!

Tiffstitch said...

Lovely ornaments! Those are fantastic.

Ariadne said...

So many beautiful things you have stitched. In the mood for Christmas already. AriadnefromGreece!