Thursday, December 27, 2018

Twas Two Days After Christmas...


Twas two days after Christmas
When all through the house
All the men folk had vanished
It was quiet as a mouse

I sat in my Pj’s
Contemplating my navel
When a small thought occurred
I should shop all the sales

I created a breeze
As I rushed up the stairs
Jumped in the shower
And then dried my hair

I checked my list
To see what I’d need
Jumped in the car
And then turned the key

The lights on the dashboard
Were dim as could be
I sighed with frustration
This just couldn’t be!

I sat in the driveway
The car battery was dead
While visions of sales items
Danced in my head.

I started to fret
Then I turned with a jerk
I’d call my favorite shop
I’m sure that would work!

I ordered some floss
I ordered fabric galore
I ordered the beads
From my favorite store.

The crisis averted,
I fled to my bed
Donned my Pj’s
And then I said

It’s a great day to stitch!
It’s a great day to view
All the Christmas movies
I had recorded…whooo hooo!

4 comments:

Julie said...

What a super poem, I loved reading it.
love and {hugs} x

Katie said...

Love it. Sorry your battery was dead. Sounds like you did fine though.

Vickie said...

Well now! You are one clever lady DJ! Good for you!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That's awesome! I love the period after Christmas when I have time to relax and stitch!