Friday, January 22, 2016

And SNOW it begins...

Yes, here we go again.  It was 5 years ago that the big Snowmageddon happened (you can see pictures of that storm here) and according to the news tonight, this storm is going to be historic.  Does that mean it will be worse?  Not sure, but I hope we are prepared.  It has been snowing about 4 hours now and already the ground is covered and the brunt isn't even supposed to hit us until tomorrow.  They are saying it's supposed to be a 48 hour event with the heaviest snow starting around 6 tomorrow morning.

I decided to show what it looked like before any snow started falling...so here we are around noon today.  



About an hour later, I got a call from my husband that they were getting off work early, and would be home soon.  What normally takes about 15 minutes took them an hour and a half to get home, and at that time it was only flurrying.  I guess everyone had the same idea to head home as the storm was starting rather than waiting for the roads to get slick.  That's life in the burbs I guess!   Here is what it looked like 4 hours later...



So...what will I be stitching on during the Big Kahuna?  I started this for a Stitch Day exchange....we'll see if I can get it finished, since I'm only about half way there.  This is stitched on 45 count over two.  Yep, you read that right, 45 count.  I stopped in Sea Needles on my way home from Rehoboth last weekend to find something to stitch, and after I collected the pattern and the floss...guess what....they didn't have 40 count fabrid.  Nor did they have 36 count...so what's a body to do?  LOL  I didn't want it too big, and it won't be that's for sure!  Once it's done, and I'm shoveled out and my partner gets it, I'll show you what it turned into.



Did I mention that we went to Rehoboth last weekend?  My dear husband promised me a weekend away after I came home from NY.  I found a groupon coupon for a hotel close to the beach so we decided, since neither of us had been there, that we would go.  It was a great time away from the hustle and bustle, and a much needed break.  Little did we know it would snow...and turn bitter cold...but that didn't stop DH from wearing shorts to the beach...



It was a lovely day traveling home though...so we took this shot on the beach the next day, when DH so wisely changed from shorts to jeans.  The sun was bright but it is deceptive how cold it was...with the wind chill it was just barely above 0 degrees!






Well I'm keeping my fingers crossed we keep our power, and if so, I'll be back with an update when the snow finishes falling, and hopefully I'll have some stitching pictures to show you!  For those of you in the path of the storm, good luck and stay safe!  For those of you watching from afar, keep those warm thoughts coming!

3 comments:

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Hope you and your family and are safe and comfortable during the storm.

Von said...

Hope your power stayed on during the entire storm! Lovely stitching. :)

MysteryKnitter said...

I wish you all the best with the snow. We have snow in Finland too. It came early this year (2021).