Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 5 craziness...

Hi there!  What a day...sure hope yours was much better than mine!  Where do I begin?

Let's start with a start...this is Pirouette in Purple.  It is by The Sweetheart Tree, is stitched on 28 count Lambswool linen over two threads using the recommended DMC 520, 522, 523, 822, 3041, 3042, 3740 and Needle Necessities Overdyed thread #1941 Passion Flower.  It has some beads and buttons as well, and so far is coming out rather nicely I think.  Hopefully this will be one of those "quick stitches".  I did have to have a few in hopes of finishing any of them by the end of the year!!



Today was UFO day at Friendly Stitchers so I brought out one I've worked on periodically.  I would love to finish this one this year as well.  I love the colors, and though you can't see the picture well yet, I love the picture too.  I think this will be my UFO until it's finished for now.


DS just bounded out of his room saying that he had checked his e-mail and found out that he made it past the first step toward an internship next year.  It is called a "conditional offer" and he will now have another interview.  Considering that 80 kids signed up and only 10 were chosen for the first interview, this is quite exciting.  I can't remember when I've seen him so happy.  I think he said there were only 6 internships available, so we'll see how things go from here.  Can't tell you how proud I am of him!!

On a bit of a downer note, I had an appointment at the breast center today.  After an exam the Nurse Practitioner thought it necessary to send me for an Sonogram...which then turned into a recommendation for an MRI.  I'll have the test next Thursday.  They aren't sure what they are seeing and don't seem OVERLY concerned, so I'll just do what I'm told and see what happens.  The past few days I haven't felt too well, with some dizziness and extreme fatigue...May I just say...I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired!  LOL  Better days are coming, I'm sure.  Til then we just take it one day at a time.  Prayers are appreciated!  And on that note, I'm headed to bed.  I wonder what craziness is in store for tomorrow...stay tuned!

9 comments:

Denise said...

Rest is very important to health and with the extra work during the holiday you weren't getting much. Time to put yourself first and take care of yourself! Congrats to your son, what type of internship?

Gabi said...

Lovely new start. Congrats on the internship of your son.
And crossing fingers for the upcoming tests. Hope you feel better soon

Blu said...

Lovely new start.
Best of luck with the tests.

Mouse said...

love the new start :) and well done on the ufo and you rest and chill and have your PJ day and don't panic ... that's my job today ok ;) (((HUGS))) love mouse xxxxx

Sewsamplers said...

Praying for you...whatever the need may be. Hope you get that much needed rest today. Good news about Ben. Hope he gets the internship. Thinking of you and miss you. Keep forgetting to tell you...I still have your Christas gift! Really thought we would have gotten together by now, but that was silly, because it has been crazy busy. Today is my first day home alone since the very beginning of December! Like all of your starts...and the UFO is breathtaking!

blue star stitcher said...

Best of luck with the MRI. I love the WIP, and can't wait to see the center portion finished.

Nicola said...

That's wonderful news for Ben. Sweetheart Tree designs are so beautiful. I will prayer for you. Please rest and look after yourself.

Niina said...

Have to love that chart! Haven't seen it before...

Tricia T said...

Your stitching is so pretty! I pray the test will go well. Take care of yourself, ok??