Monday, July 26, 2010

What have I done?

I think I've created a monster! A texting monster...that is.

DS has been begging for texting on his phone. He has been going off on trips with school, church and now the National Student Leadership Conference in Washington, DC. They use text to communicate when they are out in large groups and so last weekend we changed our phone plan to include texting. However....I think the only one he has been texting is ME! Ok, I don't have a qwerty keyboard on my phone, which means I have to punch a multitude of letter combinations to send out a text. *sigh* I can't wait for my new phone!! We just dropped DS off at the American University for this conference and I kid you not, in the last hour I've gotten 16 texts!!!!!!!! I finally told him to stop texting, I was going to take a nap.

I headed for my room, and before I knew it I was joined by a snoring husband and a loudly purring cat. My phone has quit buzzing, but now my room is. Is there no rest for the weary in this house? I think not!! LOL

So here I am...and I decided to try on my wig for the first time since I brought it home. I actually wore it to an appointment this morning, then down to drop DS off at the conference. We stopped at a Subway for lunch and ran into someone who I know that doesn't know I have cancer. She never even batted an eye when she saw me. It was comforting to know that she didn't stop or do a double take, so must be my hair looks like a little bit longer version of what it used to be. I feel much better now!!

It is a mild day, considerin...though very high humidity. I'm pleased to say the wig is not too hot, thank heavens! I think I can wear it during the summer, though not too long at a stretch. It is comfortable for a while, but does seem to get tighter as the day wears on. Wimpy aren't I? Actually, to tell the truth, my scalp still aches a little. It's funny how sensitive your skin becomes during chemo. But, I managed to get a quick picture of it this morning. Let me know what you think.

I'll be heading into Baltimore Wednesday for a proper wig fitting, and a little trim to make it look more like my hair. DH and DS seem to think it looks good on me but I value a lady's opinion. You can be as honest as you like. I still have to do a double take when I walk by a mirror. LOL

Hopefully DS will be too busy in the next few days to text, and then I'll have a proper qwerty keyboard for texting then. I'll let you know how that goes! Till then, keep smiling! *Hugs*

9 comments:

Mouse said...

oooooo DJ you can't tell, it looks FABULOUSSSSSSS :) I like it a lot and to be honest it really does suit you that length makes you look younger :).. you will get the hang of texting you'll have the fastest thumb in the west tee hee ;)..... I can sympathise with the snoring.. I've had to make sure my pooch sleeps down stairs now as I can't cope with him and DH at the same time ..lol.
take care love mouse xxxxxx

nutmegg said...

Hi DJ, I think you look great,and if you hadn't have said anything I would have been sure that is was your own hair......texting huh, I love it,I text my g/friend all day and she's the same.....we live 10 minutes from each other......anyway you take care my dear friend....xoxoxoxoxo

Usefularts said...

DJ, I had no idea until you mentioned it, that you are trying on your wig in your picture. It's wonderful to see you looking so terrific and I'm sooooo happy to hear this treatment was was not as difficult for you.
Thinking about you every day,
Pat J

Edy said...

Looks good to me! and so do you!

((((((((((((dj)))))))))))...Edy

Babs in Alabama said...

You look so good! You actually remind me of a friend I haven't seen in a long time. No matter, I wouldn't have known wig from the real thing....you look good, DJ. We're getting ready to go now to the center, so will be thinking and praying for you.
hugs,
babs

And This Little Pig said...

I think your new 'hair' is quite flattering, and yes you do look well, continue to take care, sending plenty of good thoughts your way.
LiBBiE

Gillie said...

Darn it, was very crabby the last few days and not checking on blogs so much and I missed this post - wig looks great and you are looking good, toots! Ummmm - just want you to know that you might NOT be the only person that your treasure is texting, just saying.....! I'm hoping he has unlimited texting that's all I want to say!

You are a better woman than me - I haven't got the patience on a non Qwerty - I used to get so frustrated! Do uou want me to send you some earplugs or pegs for various noses, lol?

Terry said...

I think it looks fab! If I didn't know about the cancer I wouldn't bat an eye at you either. ;) Hope that it gets to feeling better on and that you get to feeling better and not so tired. So glad that you are still feeling chipper!! Please know that you are in my thoughts often and prayers as well. Giant Florida hugs coming your way!!

MysteryKnitter said...

You look just fine. Let the pros do what they can. I wish you strength for the rest of the journey.