Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Finally....some stitching!

Seems like whenever December hits, I need to get my track shoes on.  I love being home with the Christmas tree lights on and enjoying the peace that descends when I catch those rare moments that I can sit and relax.  This year it just seems like I'm going a million miles a minute.  I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever get my Christmas decorations out, I still have boxes in my living room that I brought back from NY.   I'm catching a few rare stitching moments on the run.  I had a couple of those days this week.  

While I was waiting for the number to be posted about which challenge piece to stitch this month, I pulled out my poor neglected Quakers of Holland.  I love this piece, but there never seems to be time to stitch on it lately.  I got quite a bit done on Monday though...and here is where I'm leaving it for now.



The challenge number for this month is 10 and that means Winter Majesty has been pulled out of mothballs.  I REALLY want to finish her this year.  I have a few people cheering for me...haha!!  I worked for a few hours on her yesterday, and because of all the confetti stitching, I was only able to finish completely a few of the blossoms in the upper left.  BUT...that made it a page finish for me!  Yippee!!  The complete left side is finished.  Keep in mind this is completely covered...so the right side has a TON of blossoms left to stitch (Each blossom has a minimum of 6 colors and most have 8 or more which included metallic backstitching UGH!!!)  and I haven't backstitched any of the blossoms on the right side.  There is a LOT of stitching left to do.  I shouldn't be here typing, should I?  haha  I should be cleaning my living room and taking a few rest breaks to stitch...so that's what I'll do.  If all goes as planned I'll try to update every few days as I go, and there will be a gifted gorgeousness post on the 15th so watch this space!   So....here is where I started this year...



And here is where I am right now!  Wish me luck!




I hope this finds you with time to stitch, relax and enjoy the bustle of the holidays.  Happy Stitching!

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Wishing you the best in your quest for getting Winter Majesty finished by year's end. You can do it, DJ. Your Dutch Quaker is gorgeous.

Katie said...

I'm hustling and bustling too. Good luck with us both finding peace in the mix. Beautiful work and Good luck with it. Can't wait to see the progress.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The Quakers of Holland is lovely, I especially like the row of Dutch Houses.
I am sure you can complete Winter Majesty too, it's a beautiful design.