Thursday, December 6, 2018

Advent Calendar Blog Hop Day 6

Hi There!  And welcome to Jo's Annual Advent Calendar Hop!  If you wonder what I'm talking about, please head on over to Jo's blog, Serendipitous Stitching.  Every day during the Advent season there will be a new blogger who will share with you their favorite Christmas Song, the theme for this year's blog hop, and a picture of something we have made for the season.  


I've been assigned day 6 and I'm excited to share with you my favorite project that I finished this year!  I waited patiently for the creches to appear in the stores so I could finally display my Mill Hills Nativity.  I stitched these pieces on fabric instead of the perforated paper then had them finished into stand ups so I could have another Nativity to showcase (I collect them!)  



I love this time of year!  (As long as I stay away from the mall...haha).  I love decorating for Christmas, and as always, each year there is a debate on how early we can start listening to Christmas Carols.  My son thinks we should wait until the week before Christmas, and certainly NOT before Thanksgiving.  But....my husband and I could listen to them all year if my son would let us.  This year we started the week before Thanksgiving just because!  haha  I have so many favorite Christmas songs, but I have to say, my absolute favorite is called "Move Me Closer (A Shepherd's Prayer)" by one of my favorite artists, Evie.  Here is a link to the song, if you've never heard it before, it's definitely worth a listen!

Move Me Closer






From my family to yours, we wish you a very Merry Christmas and many blessings in the coming New Year!

If you would like to continue the blog hop, the next in line is Mary over at Le Coeur Celtique.

26 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh DJ, your nativity is amazing!! What a gorgeous family heirloom you have created. And I have never heard that beautiful song before. Thank you for sharing.

Julie said...

The most wonderful nativity, its gorgeous.
Blesssings to you and your family xx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the Advent Calendar Blog Hop this year. I love your Nativity Scene, there's so many lovely details in each piece.
The song is new to me, she has a lovely voice and such a sweet sentiment too.

Katie said...

Oh wow I love how that turned out. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing your favorite song.

Kaisievic said...

What an amazing and beautiful nativity, DJ and that song is lovely, too - I didn't know that one. Merry Christmas to you and your family. hugs, Kaye

FlashinScissors said...

Amazing nativity scene, lovely stitching!
A very soothing Christmas song!
Happy Christmas to you and your family,
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Beth in IL said...

Wish I had done my Mill Hill on fabric! It is stitched, just not finished. Yours is just lovely.

Clare-Aimetu said...

What a beautiful song, I haven't heard it before, thank you for sharing. Your navitity is amazing, Merry Christmas

Ariadne said...

Oh that Nativity looks amazing!Congratulations for being so patient to make it. AriadnefromGreece!

Aurelia Eglantine said...

I love your Nativity!!! The Mill Hill designs are so cute but I've only tried stitching on perforated paper once and it didn't go well. I love that you stitched them on fabric and finished them into 3D figures. They look amazing in your stable. Wishing you a Very Merry Christmas ❤🎄❤

Barb said...

Your Nativity is beautiful!! Thank you so much for sharing the lovely song. I had never heard it.

Astrids dragon said...

Your Nativity looks beautiful, well worth the wait for the creche.
Happy Christmas.

RJ said...

I am absolutely in love with your Nativity. It is so beautifully stitches. What a treasure for all time. I would love to stitch this one day. Thank you for telling us about your favorite song. I will definitely look it up. I too love Christmas music and could listen to it all year long as well. Have a lovely holiday with you and yours. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

OhSewCrafty said...

What an amazing treasure you have created with your nativity scene! It's such a treat to see them stitched on fabric and finished as stand ups as I've considered doing the same. Merry Christmas!

jocondine said...

All my compliments to you for the nativy scene, looks wonderful. I got one in my WIP but not cross stitching. Amitiés et joyeuses fêtes de Noël. xxx

Leonore Winterer said...

I love your stitched Nativity...your way too finish them makes that much more sense than having them all as separate ornaments!
I hadn't heard that song before, it's very sweet.

Christine said...

The stitched nativity is absolutely stunning! Have a wonderful Christmas

Sandy said...

That Nativity is just amazing. That is a keepsake for sure.

Mary's Thread said...

Oh I LOVE LOVE LOVE your Mill Hill Nativity! I just saw one finished like this (but on the paper) and decided I will do mine the same way instead of ornaments. Yours is VERY beautiful on fabric (but I have already started mine on paper so I will keep going with that!). I have never heard this song before! Thank you!

Mary said...

Your Nativity is breathtakingly beautiful!! what a labor of love. Another lovely song I never heard before either. Have a Blessed Christmas! Mary

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Your nativity is gorgeous. I hadn't heard your choice of favourite Christmas song before. Thank you for sharing.

rosey175 said...

Your MH nativity is so awesome. Are all your nativity scenes in one area or do you have them scattered throughout the house? My husband could listen to Christmas all year too. I will wait patiently until after Thanksgiving so it can have it's month ahaha~ Your song is also new to me; how lovely!

Elfie said...

Your Nativity is beautiful - so special! Your song is lovely. Merry Christmas!

Mouse said...

we used to start practising just after Summer break which was September ..lol
love your nativity pieces, they are stunning … ooooo not heard this song for years .. got it on now as I type … wishing you a wonderful Christmas and hope that the stash fairy is good to you :) love mouse xxxx

thanida said...

Excellently written article, Great post thanks for the share!!
tbsbet

beadgirl said...

The Nativity scene is lovely; I made the 3 Kings only (I collect those), but now I'm thinking maybe I'll make the rest. Merry Christmas!