Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Nine, Ten, Eleven, I'm in Heaven!

I think I need a clone!  LOL  I have squeezed in time to get some starts going, but with working, being chauffeur to my son, and my various and sundry "have to do's" I ran out of blogging time.  I wouldn't be here tonight either, but I'm skipping Bible study tonight because I am exhausted.  I have medical tests tomorrow too, so I decided to "chill" tonight so I'm not stressed out tomorrow.

So, where do we begin?  Let's start with crazy nine, shall we?  On the ninth day I started "Matter's Choice" from Carriage House Samplings.  This is stitched on 40 ct. Autumn Gold over two (feel better Libbie? LOL) using DMC 3750.  I didn't want to put this down, I just love the colors and the feel of the fabric, and I'm lamenting that I have more crazies to start before I can stitch on it again.  *sigh*



On the tenth day I started "January Cottage" from Country Cottage Needleworks.  There is a SAL going on with these patterns.  I've been having troubles getting the patterns, and the specialty threads, yadda, yadda, yadda.  I'm hoping I get the bugs worked out soon and after a false start (I started stitching on 28 ct over two and realized the fabric piece I had was too small AND I had started too high and would have run out of room...) I finally got this far stitching on 32 ct over two using the recommended threads.  I love the little snowman, and can't wait to get the pattern for February so I can catch up with the rest of the group stitching these!



Then today, I had a stitch date with Astrid.  We didn't meet as early as usual, and Astrid was pretty busy looking for things at Barnes and Noble so we didn't get to talk too much.  So for crazy 11 I did manage to get this much done on "Silent Night", one of the ornament series Little House Needleworks published last year.  It is stitched on 30 ct. Tin Roof over two using the recommended threads.



This was the first time I had seen Astrid since before Christmas.  She knows of my love of Nativity's and she gave me this gift for Christmas.  It's carved from Olive trees from Bethlehem.  Isn't it precious!!  I dearly love this Astrid and am so touched that you thought of me when you saw this!  Thank you!!


My DH gave me a book for Christmas called "Through the Bible in one year" and it has a reading schedule and a study to go along with the reading.  I've been setting aside time each morning to read and study and really dwell on the Word.  Not only am I seeing things I haven't seen before, I'm learning a lot about God's commandments and promises and it is giving me a great deal to think about not to mention an inner peace.  Thank you, Honey, for this amazing gift, not just the book, but what is happening inside.


I'm heading for an MRI tomorrow...I'll let you know when I know what is going on now.  *sigh*  I'm definitely a work in progress.  LOL  I still haven't decided how many crazies I'm planning to start, but I have enough for all 31.  I'm hoping to get to 15 and from there we'll punt.  Thanks for stopping by...see you soon!  *Hugs*

6 comments:

Nicola said...

Will be thinking of you, let us know how you get on, will be looking out for your post xxxx

Lizzy Pizzy said...

Hey DJ, we are all WIPs... and if there's something I am sure of in this life it is that our God is definately about the process more than an end result (I guess that's bc He knows what it is...)
You're really are pushing the envelope with all your crazie's AND taking on the 'Bible in a year' LOL. I hope you get the maximum joy and hope and peace out of both experiences.
I'm really enjoying keeping up with your blog this month as a new follower, you're very encouraging.
Praying for you're test, bless you
Liz x

Tricia T said...

I know you'll enjoy your new Bible reading plan, DJ! Even if you miss a day here and there and it takes you two years, you will grow and change as you're washed in the Word!! Praise the Lord!

I love all your stitching - especially the January cottage. SO pretty. And your nativity from Bethlehem...what a precious, precious gift.

I pray your MRI goes well today!

Tricia

Mouse said...

oooo fingers crossed scan goes well :) fab new starts love the carriage samplings one .... way to go on the cottage .. you've got further than me ..lol and hope you manage to get done what you need to get done with out wearing your self out ok :) love mouse xxxxx

And This Little Pig said...

Oh DJ I LOVE Matter's Choice, this is what I love (bank account hates) all the enabling "Crazy" does! Yes I do feel better :@ I know you, you will start more than 15!! Good luck with your MRI, thinking of you.
LiBBiE in Oz
PS I think we should all get a discount from LNS or ONS for all the enabling the Crazies do!

Mindi said...

I love your most recent starts! Your choice of fabric and floss for Matter's Choice is beautiful.

Hopefully the MRI comes back with some good information.