Saturday, June 5, 2010

Standing Ovations

Tired of me yet? LOL

Well I have a few things to share about! I went out last night to what our church calls Ovations. It was a "black tie" affair, or is supposed to be compared to the Academy Awards. What fun! Everyone was supposed to get dressed up like they do for the Oscars. There was a carpet trip, a place to have our pictures taken, and an award ceremony like no other. This was a "Thank you" to all the children's workers in the church. Both DH and DS work with the kids at the church week after week and for a week during the summer for VBS. I'm proud to tell you that my son won an award for Upstreet Student Volunteer. And here's his golden statue to prove it! He loves working with the kids, and has been helping for a few years now. This was his first time "awarded" for his efforts. What a moment!! I can't tell you how proud I am of my son!! I know I complain about his teenage "attitude", but where the rubber meets the road, he's really a good kid, and it is humbling and sweet to have others tell me that. I keep praying that he'll always stay this way.

Can I just share, that a woman that helps with getting materials ready for my husbands classes came up to me last night and expressed how nice it was to see me there, only a week after I got home from the hospital. She said I was an inspiration and it meant a lot to those who had been praying to see me there. I was hoping no one would notice me, I wasn't dressed up like the others, and let's just say, I don't fill out my clothes the way I once did. She said if she hadn't known the type of surgery I'd had, she would never have known. I always wished I'd been the type of person that knew the right thing to say at the right moment. I can't tell you how much her words meant to me. I hope someday I can acquire that gift, because her few words lifted my spirits in ways I can't express in words. DH looked at her and said, "Doesn't she look good?" That felt great too!!

How did I get so lucky? DH has been a rock through this whole thing, and if you think I have a good attitude, it's because he's been behind me all the way with humor and comfort.

I love this time of year. My backyard explodes with color! I have a row of roses in my back yard. They have the longest thorns of any plant I've ever seen, but when they bloom, they knock my socks off. Here are a few pictures of the blooms exploding in my back yard. I wish there were smell-o-vision because they smell as pretty as they look. The day after I got home DH filled three vases with these roses and placed them throughout the house. Our whole house smelled soooooo good!


Ok, back to bed for me, last night wiped me out, that is if Thomas left room for me!

Hope you are having a great weekend!
*Hugs*

2 comments:

nutmegg said...

DJ you really are blessed with a wonderful husband and how proud you must be of your son, I think that you should take some credit for them as you are a great lady one who never gives up and is always cheerful no matter what.....take care dear friend....xoxoxoxo

MysteryKnitter said...

I am happy for those flowers.
Aw, T, give DJ some space, will you?