Friday, June 4, 2010

Show and tell...

Hi, it's me again! Time for a little show and tell.

I mentioned last time that Bab's sent me a HUGE care package, so I'd like to show you exactly what she sent. Bab's you spoiled me!! I can't thank you enough for all the lovely gifts.

I've also been getting some of the most beautiful flowers! I LOVE flowers!! So here are a few that have made it to my door. The first is from my Mom, Sister and Brother-in-law. These I'll be able to add to my rose garden in my back yard...or maybe I'll just let them grow indoors...I'm not sure but they are loaded with buds (you can't really see them in this picture) so it will be beautiful in a few days when they all start blooming! Thanks you guys!!

The second is a bouquet that arrived the day I got home from the hospital. These are from a college buddy from days gone by. She's having her own troubles right now and she took the time and thought into sending these. It was a hug bouquet with purple roses (my favorite color is purple!) Thanks Chris!!

Last is a planter from my jury duty pal (I'll call her M). Now M and I served on jury duty a few years ago and from the first day we became pals. I can't explain how we happened to get to know one another, but she had me from hello! The reason I say that is because she is originally from Belgium and has the most exquisite accent. I could sit and listen to her talk all day. Not only that, but she has traveled around the world just as I have because of her husband's job and so we had so many shared experiences that we "clicked" from the moment we began talking. AND!! The best thing about M is that she has a wicked sense of humor. M seems like this shy unassuming perfect lady, but she has this underlying wicked side to her and it comes out at the most unexpected times. We always have a good time when we get together. Thanks for the lovely planter M but thank you more for the lovely afternoon we had together! (she showed up with chocolates and a WONDERFUL strawberry cake too!!)


I think I mentioned a while ago that Mouse sent me a card. I've had so many comments on this card that I thought I would post a picture of it here. I have it sitting on my dining room table and everyone that comes in sees it. It's just too cute for words!!

Lastly, is the UFO I worked on a little bit last night. I was enrolled in a SAL last year with the Wienhenburg sampler group. I fell a little behind while my Dad was ill last year and I've been having this UFO circling my stitching chair for ages. So it has become my new UFO to work on Thursdays with the Friendly Stitchers group. I'm getting there, but to be honest, there were something like 36 pages and I'm struggling in the mid 20's somewhere. My goal is to finish this year. Here's my progress so far. If you click on it, it will enlarge the picture if you want a better look.

That's it for this post. I'm going to add another to talk about my silly cat.
*Hugs*

No comments: