Friday, September 20, 2024

IHSW Pre-show

Hi Fellow Stitchers!  It's that time again for the International Hermit and Stitch Weekend.  My family has a lot of plans for the weekend, so I'm not expecting much progress, but I thought I would show you what I plan to stitch on.  

First up is Starry Stable Nativity SAL.  Part 8 was released yesterday.  Here is where I'm starting.  



I hope to put a few stitches in Sarah Sanderson.  This one is stitched on 46 count over two and sometimes I have a hard time counting those thin little threads.  It slows me down quite a bit.  Where I last left off, I had nearly finished on page 1.  I hope to finish page 2 but we shall have to see exactly how much time I have to spend.  I am truly enjoying this one, even those letters (which I hate to stitch, by the way), maybe it's the red lettering...either way it's coming along.  It seems to bother my wrist to work on this one, so I may throw in a few smaller ones to give my wrist a rest.  



On a side note, I finished this cute little pattern, Have A Cool Christmas by Stitchy Fish Designs from the 2023 JCS Ornament Issue.  It's stitched on 36 count white opalescent over two.  As I was stitching, my husband looked over my shoulder and asked if that was the fabric I swore I would never stitch on again.  Yes, yes it is...what was I thinking? LOL  Anyway, it's for a friend so...I hope she likes it because there will never be another one on that fabric...lol!!!  With a little luck, maybe I'll get some finishing done?  Fingers crossed!  



I have to laugh, as I had an unexpected chuckle this week.  As I posted on Facebook what I planned to stitch for this weekend, a fellow blogger recognized my project....and sent a friend request.  *Waving to Jeremiah's Mom*  I'll be honest and say I never really thought about it before but if you have a presence on social media (and I'm including blogging in that) it is easy to track what you are doing.  I'm an open book really, so I'm not worried about what you'll find.  My life is pretty boring for the most part, though I do a lot of things with my son and his family.  It just brought home the fact that others are watching...  

On that note, I'll bid you adieu until we meet again.  I'll be back after the weekend to show my progress.  Happy Stitching! 

No comments: