Sunday, December 6, 2020

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....

Did you sing that title?  haha  I love this time of year, all the tinsel and bows come out, and the cross stitch I only get to see for a month or two a year are hauled out of the closet and placed on display.  I have been stitching for a long time, and my house is bursting at the seams with stitched Christmas stuff...LOL  I did go on a finishing spree this year, and got two sets of 12 Days of Christmas ornaments finished off.  I found a way to hang one set today, and I love how it turned out.  These are from the Stoney Creek magazines from 2019.    I placed a garland over a red swag curtain I have hanging in my dining room area year round.  Then I hung the ornaments on the garland.  I love how it looks!  Not to figure out what to do with the other set....



I found my Merry Christmas Bellpull by Wiehenberg Designs (I'm sure I spelled that wrong...sorry!!)  I had finished last year and had to find a place higher to hang it...Max was very interested in the little tassel at the bottom...haha.  So far he has left the tree alone which I'm grateful for!



Last, I picked up Christmas Snowflake that was designed by Shannon Christine Designs.  This was stitched on 32 count Navy over two and I took it to have it framed last week.  I'm excited to say it was finished early...but to be fair, I asked to hand lace it myself, so all they really had to do was pop it in the frame.  (I sure miss framing!!  But I still have skills so I saved a bit by hand lacing it myself).  They asked me to please fill out an application...they are swamped this time of year.  Anyway, I love how it turned out!!


Now to figure out what to do with the other set....the wheels keep turning.  Our tree is up, but I haven't placed the ornaments on it yet...that's next on the agenda...stay safe and Happy Stitching!!

5 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Gorgeous Christmas finishes, DJ.

Clare-Aimetu said...

It does look like Christmas. I love your idea for the 12 days of Christmas, I'll be doing a 12 days set next year to hang on our mantle.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Fabulous work decorating the house for the season! I guessed that was a Shannon Christine before you told us! Beautiful design on the navy fabric.
Do you think you will take them up on the job offer? They could pay you in supplies!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Your garland is a good idea for displaying the 12 Days.
Your framed Christmas Snowflake is gorgeous.

Katie said...

Looks gorgeous. Love the display for the garland and ornaments. Perfect.