Thursday, January 12, 2017

WIP Wednesday update

Well....I missed posting on the day, but I did get some stitching done yesterday...it was WIP Wednesday over at Friendly Stitchers.

This piece is Winter's Majesty.  I started stitching her on Christmas day 2012.  She has been languishing in the corner since August 2013.  I LOVE this piece!!  BUT....there is metallic thread, and blending filament, and Marlette thread, and I nearly lost my sanity!  LOL  I've decided I really want to place her on my wall...so I need to get busy.  If I start to act deranged, please gently place me in a rubber room, but let me have my stitching!  OK?  She is going to be my Wednesday WIP, but also one of the Wipocalypse pieces I want to finish this year....so here we go.  Here are before and after pictures of my progress yesterday.



Here is a little close up so you can see the detail of the snowflakes.  It's a challenge with all those short stitches and the metallic thread.  


I finished up another piece...except for the personalization at the bottom.  I'll get to that later, but I'm calling it my second finish of the year.  Unfortunately, I can't show pictures yet, as it's a gift...*sigh*  I'll post it when I have given it to them.

Today I begin stitching on In the Land of the Free.  I've had this in my stash for a couple of years.  I had it on hand in case we did another patriotic exchange over at Friendly Stitchers.  We never had another one...LOL!!  I have always wanted to stitch it for myself though, BUT...I'm going to get it stitched now, and framed.  I'm going to donate the finished product for a raffle for an organization that will help Veterans suffering from PTSD.  I may even stitch one for myself while I'm at it!  Off to get started now!  Have a wonderful stitchy day!

3 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

Beautiful progress on this one, and great idea with Land of the Free!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

You got plenty stitched yesterday. Winter's Majesty is beautiful and I'm already looking forward to seeing your finish.

Justine said...

Winter Majesty looks great! You can really see the detail in that close-up photo. Enjoy your patriotic stitch.