Thursday, December 15, 2016

December Gifted Gorgeousness

It's kind of bitter sweet that I type this update...as it's the last Gifted Gorgeousness for the year.  I have to say, it's been an odd year, and though I've tried to update monthly, there were a few months I had to skip because I wasn't home.  I have loved this challenge because I've had to reach down deep in my grab bag of stash to find things there were given to me, or were gifts for others.  It also keeps me blogging at least once a month.  Thank you, Jo, for all your kind comments, and for organizing the challenge.  As always, it's been a great year!  If you want to see what others have done for the challenge, you can visit Jo's blog here.

I made a few Christmas ornaments this year as exchanges.  Here are a few I made...

This one was from JCS 2010 Ornament Issue, and was designed by Victoria Sampler.  It was for my private exchange partner, Amy.  It was stitched on 32 ct. over two on Natural Linen.


This one was also from a JCS Christmas Ornament issue, but I don't remember the year.  I stitched this one on 14 ct. white plastic canvas, and finished the back with red felt.  I stitched this for a Friendly Stitchers exchange for Joyce.


This was stitched on 28 ct. white fabric over one and was found in a Cross Stitch Collection magazine for Mouse from Friendly Stitchers.


I've been stitching a lot, hoping to finish a few things I had for goals this year.  I finished stitching up the last 4 Snowflower Diaries months in the past month.  Yippee!!  Next goal is to get them finished so I can display each month.  Here they are...

September

October


November


December


I also had the Mill Hills Trilogy Nativity kits I was hoping to finish.  These were a gift from DH two years ago.  I collect nativities, so thought I would finish these on fabric and as cubes.  I had three done (Mary, Joseph and Baby Jesus) and I still have four to go, but finished these two this month.  I'm going to concentrate on finishing these in the early months of next year so I can display them next December!

Gloria

Luke


I finished stitching this ornament as a gift...now to get it finished.  This was a freebie that I found here... 

I finished all the advent calendar pieces and got them  finished into ornaments before the first of December.  I'll show you how I'm displaying them...

Here are all of them...




And here they are in different stages of being finished.  It was a time consuming process, as I had to gather them around a round form, then sew the lace on the front piece, then lace the back, then sew the hanging loop on.  I gathered the backing fabric to a separate round form, then laced it, and then glued the two pieces together.  Each one took about 45 minutes to finish.  It was my goal to stitch them all and finish them so I could use them this December.  


I'm thrilled I was able to accomplish this...I wasn't sure I would be able to with all that went on this year so it was really satisfying to actually accomplish so many goals that I had set for myself!

 I'm looking forward to stitching on some WIP's next year....I really need to finish up some of the stuff floating around here.  It really does feel good to finish up a larger project.  Wish me luck!!

7 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

Wow!! You've had a great month of stitching. The exchange pieces are beautiful, and love how you're stitching up the rest too. Thanks for showing how you put together the advent pieces, they look wonderful displayed.

Elfie said...

You have been busy - that needle must be flying! I love your ornaments, and your Advent ornaments are just too gorgeous (and I know how fiddly and time consuming that finishing method is!), but your Nativity cube idea is the one that jumped straight to my heart. What a lovely concept - and such pretty designs so far. Merry Christmas!

Justine said...

Beautiful stitching - you've been busy especially with all that finishing too! I love completing larger projects and ticking them off the WIP list so I'll look forward to following your progress in 2017.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this year. I am so pleased that you have found it useful for inspiring you to stitch and blog too!
There is so much to see this month too. I love that first VS ornie, it's on my stitch-list too. Your advent finishes are wonderful, they do take time to do each one but are worth the effort.
Looking forward to seeing what you stitch and share next year!

Julie said...

What a stunning finish the advent number finishes are, they are fabulous.

Lady Stitch-a-Lot said...

Fantastic stitching =) I really love the way you finished the numbers, the backing fabric is so pretty =)

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

The advent numbers look really good. Your other stitched ornaments are lovely.