Thursday, July 25, 2013

Look what Blue Ribbon Designs is doing!!

Hi fellow stitchers and bloggers!

I'm just posting this really quick because I think this is so important!  It will give you time to think and act if you are able.  I'm always late reading my newsletters from the designers I subscribe to, so this has been out nearly a month and may be old news to some of you, but since it involves something near and dear to my  heart, I thought I would post this and give you a chance to participate if you so choose.

Belinda, from Blue Ribbon Designs is giving away a lovely chart, "Red Rosies and Pink Posies", if you donate at least $15.00 to Susan J. Koman under Belinda's name.  Please visit this entry on her blog that explains what she is doing and how to donate to receive the pattern.  http://blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com/2013/07/red-rosies-and-pink-posies.html

I have decided that as soon as I receive the pattern I'm going to stitch something as a giveaway in October for Breast Cancer Awareness month.  Many of you know I am a 3 year survivor and if it hadn't been for early detection the outcome would have been vastly different.  I encourage you to get your yearly mammograms, as that is how I found mine at what the doctors considered a young age.  Belinda will be walking for three days and covering 60 miles in honor of her friend who is a survivor.  The walk takes place in November, so you have time to save your pennies!  Thank you for taking the time to read this and best of luck Belinda and the twinkle toes!  I'll be rooting for you!

And don't forget to get those mammograms!  *Hugs*

 

No comments: