Sunday, February 24, 2013

Stir Crazy...

Hopefully you have had a much better week than I have had.  Other than Wednesday, when I had a physical therapy appointment, I have been hibernating with a terrible cold.  The last time I had a cough like this was when I had walking pneumonia.  No...I haven't seen a doctor, no comments from the peanut gallery please!  With all the cases of flu out there I didn't want to put myself out there to catch that, even though I've had the flu shot this year.  Besides, my voice keeps popping in and out, something my husband finds funny and appealing.  LOL







I did sneak out last Monday to see my college roommate's son fence.  I've never been to a fencing tournament, and unless he comes back to Baltimore, I probably never will again.  It was interesting to watch, but without knowing the rules, it was a challenge to figure out what was going on.  And you know how those folks scream when they hit the ball in tennis?  These people do the same thing when they win a match, only on a grander scale.  I was ready to dial 911...truthfully I thought someone was in extreme pain!!  I couldn't figure out if that was supposed to be intimidation or what the point was.  I have to say, though, that I found it to be an extremely graceful sport.

Since I was home all week, I was able to get some stitching done.  Some days more than others because I did sleep some days away.  Here is Matter's Choice from Carriage House Samplings.



Here is my progress on Friendship Blooms, the SAL I am working on Tuesdays with Babs and Mouse.  This week my tree grew leaves and I started the words which are stitched on 40 count over one...yikes!  I'm praying I don't make any mistakes, and think the words are going to take quite a bit of time.  First because I count and recount because I would hate to frog that!!  And second because my eyes go a bit fuzzy working on such a high count fabric!  Truthfully I enjoy stitching on this project and have to stop myself from working on it on other days in the week.



I was able to spend some quality time on Winter's Majesty, a kit from Maia.  Her hands have been stitched now, and as soon as I finish up her ring and the detail on the back of her hand and wrist, I think I might do some outlining.  I'm anxious to see how the outlining will add the detail that seems lost right now.



Last is the Mystery SAL I collected the pattern pieces a few years ago.  Unfortunately the pattern is no longer available.  I have to admit I made a mistake on this some time ago.  I was off by one thread (this is stitched over one) and had to finagle to get things to line up.  The patterns were distributed from the outside in, in over 50 pieces.  I didn't discover my mistake until several pattern pieces had gone by.  I probably shouldn't admit my mistake...LOL...but I was surprised I was able to add a few stitches here and there and made it look presentable.  I even think I like how it looks better than if I had followed the pattern perfectly.  Hopefully now that I have maneuvered around my mistake, things will move more quickly.



And that is my progress for this week.  I apologize to those who I had to cancel on this week.  I finally feel a little better today.  I cancelled out on Astrid, and that was tough to do.  I didn't want to expose her to this, and I really felt rotten that day, but I always enjoy our time together.  Hopefully next week will be better.  Off to get some stitching done!  Have a great week!

6 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

CJ, your stitching is absolutely beautiful! Such nice progress on all of them, too. I took fencing in college many moons ago, but darned if I remember half of it. :)

Emma/Itzy said...

Your stitching progress is lovely, I just hope you feel better soon x

Nicola said...

You have achieved so much stitching this week. Well done DJ.

Mouse said...

oooo not fenced in years ... can't remember half of it either ...lol
oooo well done on the stitching front and love your fudges ..lol couldn't tell you had made a wee mistake before you had made it your own ...
hope you feel better soon (((HUGS)))) love mouse xxxxx

Astrids dragon said...

Everything looks lovely, I really like the way Friendship Blooms is coming along!

No more gallivanting for you (although the fencing did look cool!) You must feel better by Friday for our stitching date, I'm looking forward to it.

Maggee said...

I love Matters Choice and your progress... The BRD SAL is really coming along! And the winter one--I am being patient, but I cannot wait to see more! Hope you have recovered more now... Hugs!