Sunday, March 25, 2012

I am so blessed!

Hi Guys and Gals!  

I have been trying to get to this to update for a while now, there is just too much going on!  I hope I don't forget anything.  My brain isn't fully engaged yet after what I've been through lately.

First, let me thank three very lovely ladies who bestowed the Liebster Blog award on me.



Liebster is a German word meaning favorite, dearest or beloved. The Liebster is awarded by bloggers to other new bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers, to help spread the word about their blogs and to help them gain wider recognition.

The Liebster award comes with four conditions that each recipient must satisfy when accepting.


1. Choose 5 up-and-coming blogs with less than 200 followers to award the Liebster to.



2. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.


The three ladies who bestowed the award are:

Full November Moon  Thank you so much!  This lady has some wonderful stitching, she's actually working on the Country Cottages Monthly Cottages same as me!  She's much further along than I am...but how can I complain when she bestowed this lovely award?

A Stitch in Time  Thank you Jilly...I know this kind lady in real life and we've gotten together a few times!  I love her sense of humor and her stitching is amazing too!



Carol's Stitching and Stuff   Thank you Carol, she said some very kind things on her blog and I must tell you that she has some jaw dropping stitching on her blog!





3. Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites. Leave comments on their blog so they know about the award.



And here is my list...




1.  Ally's Stitching Life  Ally is a co-owner of Friendly Stitchers Yahoo group.  It's a great group of ladies who like to have fun.  She is an amazing stitcher too!  

 

2.  Bab's Stitching & Stuff  Babs and I have been friends for a while now.  Her husband and I were diagnosed with different types of cancer on the same day in 2010.  She has lifted me up in so many ways, I enjoy reading her blog and following along in her family's adventures.  She has sent me something she has stitched so I know she's a awesome stitcher too!  One day I would love to meet this precious lady!


3.  And This Little Pig  I have been following Libbie's blog for a while now.  She cracks me up so many times with her view of life.  Not only is she an amazing stitcher, but she takes this pictures that make my jaw drop.  I've learned how to tea dye linen on her blog and a host of other things.  You especially have to drop by on Wednesday and see the pictures she takes of cows...I was never much of a fan of them before, but her pictures have given me a new appreciation of them!

4. Random Thoughts from Abroad  Gillie and I have been friends for a good long time now.  When I was diagnosed with breast cancer, she was instrumental in getting a host of stitchers to make quilt blocks then Mouse stitched them all together and Gillie flew from Michigan to bring it to me while I was in the hospital.  We tease each other on Friendly Stitchers but we know it's all in fun and we have a good time when we get together.  She takes some pretty awesome pictures too along with her lovely stitching (I even have a few she has stitched for me!)


5.  The Stamper's Stitches  Tricia is also a member of Friendly Stitchers but I "met" her long before she became a member.  This lady has a lot of talent, not only in stitching, but in card making and a host of other things too.  You can learn a lot from her blog!  She's not just a great stitcher, she's a neat person too, and if you've been the recipient of the traveling stash, this is the lady that started the whole thing off!

4. Share 5 random facts about yourself that people don't know about you.


Now comes the hard part...I've been dreading this...LOL  Sorry folks, I'm just not that interesting...so here goes...


1.  I play a few instruments, the guitar, native American flute, and the accordion.  Am I a geek or what?

2.   I have lived in 8 different states and one foreign country.  Some people are jealous of this fact, but don't be, I had to put up with the Army life to experience this so I think they balanced each other out!  


3.  I completed 3 years of nursing school before I switched my major and graduated with a math degree.  I am absolutely NO GOOD in an emergency, and I discovered I faint at the sight of blood, so I'm sure the medical community is thankful I never completed nursing school...LOL


4.  My favorite flower is the violet because my parents almost named me after my Grandmother, whose name was Violet, and I'm told I not only look like her, but I act like her too.  I joined a sorority in college whose flower was the violet and their colors lavender and white....and lavender has always been my favorite color.  Funny how things like that work out in your life...


5.  The greatest joy in my life is my son.  I call him my miracle baby because DH and I were married 11 years before we had him and were certain that we couldn't have children when he surprised us.  I know I brag about him, but others have told me too, how special he is, and I think kids know when they are wanted and loved and that makes them thrive.


Whew, that was harder than I thought it would be!


Now...what's next on the agenda?  Oh yes, Tyler.  There was another prayer vigil for him tonight, but I couldn't attend, so I prayed for him here as I always do.  Tyler has had some ups and downs with internal bleeding which needs to stop!  I won't go into all the details, but keep praying for this amazing kid, I'm hoping to see another miracle soon!  His parents have reached a point where they are incredibly tired and need prayer for strength and encouragement too.  God can work a miracle if it's in His will...I pray that it is.


I have some stitching to report.  I had a pretty productive day today and yesterday.  I can't show you all the stitching I've done, but here's two....the first is Silent Night, an ornament designed by Little House Needleworks that is a finish...woot!!




The second is the second installment of Sweet Flowers from Angie Designer.





I am struggling with my choice of colors for the "lacy" part of this pattern.  It's very subtle, and I'm not sure I like it...what do you all think?  I just hope it shows up well enough.

Last I just wanted to say...thanks for those who have been thinking about me for the past few days.  For some reason this surgery was a little more challenging for me but I'm finally feeling better.  I know I finally FEEL like I look better!  Hopefully this will be the last for a while and I can put the whole thing behind me...so I'm moving on!  See you next time!

9 comments:

Gillie said...

Me, tease? Nonsense! Thank you for the award!

Autumn said...

Catching up on your posts.

CASTHING CROWNS IS AWWWESOME. We love their music!

Fun to get to know you through the award. Lovely stitching as alwasy. The lacy part looks difficult.

ArchangelDecker said...

I, personally love the colors you chose for the lace.

Mouse said...

oooo well done on the award and random naahhh your just normal hehehe ... love all you stitching and the lace looks good to me :)
and congrats on your finish as well :)
hope you are feeling even better now :) squeak to you soon :) love mouse xxxxx

Tricia T said...

I didn't know that you got a quilt from Friendly Stitchers when you were diagnosed. That is so neat!! Your stitching is beautiful. I like the color even though it is subtle. And thanks for the award! I might have a hard time finding people to give it to. It seems to be going around right now! : )

Veronica said...

I think the facts about you are pretty interesting. It's always nice to know more about your fellow stitcher :)

Silent Night is so sweet. Congrats! Oh, I think your colour choice for the lace is perfect. Gives it a delicate and ethereal look in my opinion.

Glad to hear the surgery is finally done and that you're on the mend.

Hugs,
Veronica.

Emily in NC said...

Congrats in this award, you have a great blog, love your stitching.

Thoeria said...

Congrats on the award! And lovely stitching. The lace looks very nice to me :)

MysteryKnitter said...

That flower stitching is awesome.