Saturday, January 23, 2021

Stitching along...

Hello fellow stitchers!  It's o'dark thirty here on the east coast, the sun is beginning to rise.  I hear we may be in for some wicked winter weather this weekend, so I'm hunkered down ready to get stitching!

I chose a few SALs I hoped to stitch this year, and then several others popped up.  You know me, I can't resist a good SAL!  LOL  So...two that I really love I decided I will definitely stitch.  The first was The Fruit of Plenty by Modern Folk Embroidery which I really fell in love with from the moment I saw it.  I picked out the floss and fabric a while ago and just waited for the first of January to start.  That was my January first start...does anyone else do that too?  Start a brand new project on the first of January and hope to finish by the end of the year?  I'm sure I've posted a picture of that before, but here it is again.  I can't remember the colors I chose, I really need to write them down.



The second  SAL is Winter Quaker from Wiehenburg Designs.  You know me and Quakers, I'm such a sucker for them, and Martina really creates some beauties!  I've done several of hers...and each one is so unique.  She recommended a dark natural color, but I like to stitch mine over one, so I tried natural...nope, and frogged it.  I tried Amaretto, nope and frogged that.  I tried dirty linen...nope, Burch, nope,  Flax, nope....and then I threw caution to the wind and picked up a 28 count Navy.  Yup!!  The white just pops off that fabric like fireworks...haha.  Then came the dilemma...do I use the colors called for for the other little motifs, like trees?  I tried the green last night, and I really think I like it!  So here is January's portion, and I will have to be patient waiting for the next portion.  Wish me luck! 



The sun is beginning to rise and the whole sky is a glorious red, I love this time of morning when everything is quiet, anticipating a brand new day with loads of possibilities.  It's a Saturday too, what will I get up to today?  Only time (and possibly DH because he's home) will tell!

Other things I've finished in the past 8 days...

I finished three more Brooke's Books Advent characters...Mary Mouse...



Duncan Dog



Hattie Hedgehog.



Aren't they the cutest!!??

I also finished this cute little ornament, from the 2009 JCS ornament issue.  This is Snow Merry by Homespun Elegance.  I just love this one!  It's stitched on 40 count Summer Khaki over two.



I also stitched and finished two more Be Kind ornies for my pen pals.  Since I was out of frames that size and shape, I decided to finish them into pillow ornies.  They have since received them and each seemed to like them, which I'm grateful for.  Silly me, I stress over that a wee bit too much!  LOL  These were stitched from a Victoria Sampler freebie.




Believe it or not, those ornaments bring my total of finished items up to 12 so far this year!  Not bad, eh? 

Last but not least, a little peak at Anniversaries of the Heart.  I haven't got much more done since the last time I posted but wanted to let you know I got a few more stitches in...almost done.  I still have to decide who to honor with this block, which is why it's been put on the back burner.  I was going to honor my Grandmother, but I think I'll wait on hers for a wee bit.  I may finish the the rest of the stitching except for the personalization and come back to that later.  Decisions, Decisions, and you all know how bad I am at that!  LOL



Ok, onward and upward, I really need to decide what to stitch now until the end of the month.  I had three more things I hoped to stitch before the end of the month, so I guess I'll get crackin'!  Hope all of you are well and safe.  Till we meet again...Happy Stitching!

8 comments:

Donna G. said...

The Winter Quaker piece is gorgeous. The white and green are beautiful on that navy fabric. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Katie said...

Beautiful work on everything. I love the little pillow ornaments you made. Just perfect. I love the Winter Quaker. So beautiful on that navy fabric. Have a great weekend.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You have been busy this month already!
That Winter Quaker is gorgeous, the white really pops on the dark fabric and your green shows up well too.
The other SAL looks lovely too. Nice work on the Smalls.
I don't have a specific 1st January start because I'm usually in the middle of my 12 Days of Stitchmas SAL but this year I did start Winter Blues on the 1st for the Just Nan group SAL.

Robin in Virginia said...

What lovely pieces you featured in your post, DJ! I love your start on the MFE SAL. I do start a new project on January 1st, but my goal is something small that the stitching can be finished within the first week or so of the new year. This year's project is one that I have had for years and I finally decided it was going to be stitched in 2021. To prevent it from being back burnered, I made it my January 1st start.

Enjoy your weekend!

diamondc said...

DJ: You have been busy or should I say your needle has been really busy, such adorable designs.
I love the blue fabric, I am so happy you continued to fined the perfect fabric.
The Advent characters are so sweet.
Have a wonderful week-end

Catherine

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Your MFE SAL is beautiful and makes it tempting. However, youe Quaker sampler on navy is impressive. I imagine that it must be tiring on your eyes stitching on this.
Cute Brooks Books finishes.
After seeing your lovely finishes of the VS 'Be Kind' ornaments, I downloaded a copy of the design. Just need to start it :)
Have a good week.

Clare-Aimetu said...

You're needle has been flying, lovely pieces of work, such a variety. I see so many SALs in January, all so tempting. Your Winter Quaker is beautiful

stitchingirlblog.wordpress.com said...

Your stitching is always so beautiful! You have gotten soooo much done!