Thursday, January 28, 2021

Sew busy!

 I had so many things on my to do list to finish up this year.  And then...SALs happened.  Hahaha!!  A few people I know decided to stitch the Peppermint Purple SAL and encouraged me to join in.  So...here I am!!  LOL  The 4th installment was published today, and since I had stitched the first 3 yesterday, it was easy peasy to finish up the 4th part today.  I sure hope I can keep up with this one!  I've decided to do it monochrome because it will be easier than trying to keep track of the different colors, and this one is soothing to my eye.  I'm using DMC 3806 on 40 Count Cream linen over two.  I love it so far!



I've been following the Little House Needleworks Facebook page and saw that they were doing a SAL on their page.  I had decided I wanted to stitch the months (these were originally published in 2010 and I bought the chart packs that came with the threads back then) but I had hoped to be one month ahead.  Best laid plans yada yada yada.  Well maybe I can pull ahead next month (dream on DJ).  Anyway, I finished this one tonight, just in time to post it for their SAL.  Yay!  Here is January!  It was stitched on 40 count Burch over two.



I just realized I don't have a picture of the project I've been working on the past couple of days.  I've been invited to participate in a Round Robin and fortunately had a project mostly kitted up.  I had 6 Fat Men by Lizzie Kate just waiting in the wings....fabric and floss (missing a couple but they are on order) already set aside!  So...I now have all the outlined boxes stitched and the little motif in the middle, along with the words at the top.  I think I will fill in one of the boxes, but I have until March 1st to do that so will wait until next month to stitch on that.  I'll have a picture of it next time I update my blog.  

So...tomorrow I hope to work on another monthly project.  I'll post pictures when I'm done, this one is really different and I love it!!  It was a SAL from last year that I just never had time to get started.  Wish me luck!  And stay tuned!

I guess that's all the news for now!  I hope everyone is safe from the crazy storms happening all over the place.  My thoughts are with the folks in Alabama after the tornado there, and in the Midwest and Northeast as they continue to get hammered with snow storms.  Keep safe everyone!  Happy Stitching!!

6 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Your Peppermint Purple SAL looks super, great choice of colour. I'd want to keep stitching this too. January is a lovely design, I have many LHN and CCN charts waiting in the wings. Oh a Round Robin, I haven't done one of those in years, they are great fun, I'm looking forward to seeing what you are doing. Stay safe x

diamondc said...

DJ: I love the Sampler, showing so many different stitch's makes a design so special.
January is so cute, we have lots of snow here in Minnesota.
I have never done a Round Robin, sounds interesting.
Have a lovely day.

Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The Blackwork is going to look great, one colour will really show off the different patterns.
Nice to get the old kits out and stitched too.
I did a number of RRs a few years back which were hugely successful. Not sure I trust the international postal service now though!

Robin in Virginia said...

Good for you on catching up on the Peppermint Purple SAL, DJ! I love the thread color and it looks awesome as a monochrome. Well done on getting the LHN January block finish; love the cardinals.

Katie said...

Beautiful work. I really hope we finally get the snow we are promised this weekend. I love a nice big snow storm. Staying in and stitching.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

The Blackwork looks good in a single colour, DJ. I like your snowman and cardinals for January.