Saturday, October 24, 2020

Turning 60 ain't so bad....

 Whew!  It's been a whirlwind around here lately.  The wedding occupied my time and attention for so long, my 60th Birthday kind of snuck up on me.  I guess that's a good thing as I didn't have time to think about how old I was becoming...haha.  My husband (who has been like a caged animal since the lockdown began earlier this year) has been itching to get away for a few days.  We decided to treat ourselves and go to Ocean City for the weekend to celebrate my Birthday.  Ocean City is a great place this time of year.  Most of the tourists have packed their bags and gone home after the hot summer, traffic is a little lighter, people are a little more relaxed, and there aren't a lot of crowds.  There were times we had the beach all to ourselves, and the boardwalk allowed for the 6 feet distancing they recommend.  We had a great time, stayed in one of our favorite hotels, visited a little town outside OC that we hadn't been able to explore much before and stayed one night in Berlin, MD in a haunted hotel (Atlantic Hotel).  Don't worry, there were no bumps in the night or spooky visions.  LOL  I loved the charming atmosphere of this old hotel that has been there over a hundred years.















I was totally spoiled!  I received gifts from folks I didn't expect to, and my husband really went all out.  I even got a gift from one of my pen pals (I don't think I told her I was having a birthday...but I can't be certain about that.  Her gift was a total surprise!)  I even got gifts from as far away as England!

My husband totally spoiled me.  Not only did he sign up for the Little Wren Club, he allowed me to have a little shopping spree at my LNS and The Salty Yarn in Ocean City.  I tried to be good but...well you know... SQUIRREL!  LOL




My son and daughter-in-law gave me a gift card to Hobby Lobby (one of my favorite go to places for embellishments, fabrics, and ribbon to stitch with) and I really can't wait to go see what I can find.  I think this time I'll actually get a gift for me...

My good friend, Mouse, over in England also spoiled me.  She is so creative and such a wonderful seamstress!  She sent me some things she designed and made for me that are just fabulous...like the project bag that I can use to take things along to stitch days, but also use to hang and organize things in my sewing room!  She also made this mug caddy that can help to organize things on my desk too!  She stitched this lovely ornament and also made this door hanger.  I love it, now that I've converted my sons old room into my sewing room this sign says it's alllll miiiine now!  LOL!!  So many goodies....thank you so much Mouse, I love it all!  I told her my husband thought I had a new lover after all the ooohs and ahhhhs and squeals of delight he heard while I was opening the package!


My pen pal sent me a package of goodies too!  Even a little pattern she kitted up that was a patriotic  piece.  How on earth did she know I liked patriotic things?  It's like she has ESP!



My "Birthday Twin"...a former coworker who shares the same birthday, also gifted me a few things.  A new wallet which I needed desperately, and a puzzle necklace.  We met up yesterday to exchange gifts.  It was a fun day.



I've been stitching and finishing a few things, but as they are gifts, I'll have to wait to show them until the recipients receive them.  I'm off to the post office now, so if my pen pals are reading this....hopefully you'll be getting your gifts soon!

Thanks for reading...and I haven't forgotten about the giveaway.  I think I may have found something I want to stitch along with the scissor fob...so if you comment on this post (even if you've commented before, you'll be added into to the contest twice if you comment again here) you'll be entered to win!  Make sure you get your breast exams!!  Those who love you will thank you!

Happy Stitching!

7 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

DJ, welcome to the I turned 60 during COVID club! It sounded like you had a wonderful adventure and you received some lovely gifts! Wishing you the happiest of birthdays!

Mouse said...

oooo that hotel looks fabulous ... glad you managed a few days away and that you also loooveee my gifts to you :) you got a nice stash haul too :) happpyyy birthday again to you :) love mouse xxxxx

Aussie stitcher said...

Gorgeous hotel, and lucky you getting so many pressies!! Glad your family and friends know what to give you! My screen is on Thursday, how did you know??!!
Julie

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

A belated Happy Birthdau, DJ. I'm glad that you and DH were able to get away for a few days to celebrate. You received some great gifts.

Vickie said...

Well what a wonderful birthday you had DJ! :) Such nice gifts!

Nazlady said...

You do not look anywhere near 60!!!!!!!!! Love you.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Happy Birthday again! I didn't realise it was a Big Zero year!
I am glad that you were able to get away for a short break. You definitely need it after this year! The hotel looks lovely, 100 years isn't old for us but for America that is ancient LOL
Mouse's gifts are always lovely and beautifully made.