Thursday, October 15, 2020

October Gifted Gorgeousness

Seems the days are just flying by!  Now that the wedding is over, I have a wee bit more time to stitch.  Though October always seems to be a busy month.  Lots going on at DJ's Digs!  This is the post that we share things we have stitched that have been gifted or that we have gifted to others.  Jo, over at Serendipitous Stitching, is the host for this challenge.  If you would like to read the rules or sign up to participate, you can click here.  If you would like to visit the blog and see what everyone is working on, you can click here.

Where do I start?  Well...

Christmas ornaments are flying off the hoop.  I am shameful when it comes to those.  Here are some I recently stitched.

First is by My Big Toe and was in the 2019 JCS Ornament Issue.  This is Glory to God.  It's stitched on 32 count light mocha over two.



Next is One More Stitch by Victoria Sampler from the 2014 JCS Ornament Issue and is also stitched on 32 count Light Mocha over two.  I exchanged some of the embellishments for some I had in my stash.



I am still trying to get a pen pal from the International Pen Pal group on Facebook.  I've sent a few things out, but haven't received things from two of the people I signed up with.  LOL  I am disappointed in people who are just there to get stuff and not send in return.  So I stitched this for the October exchange...we will see if she sends me something or not.  I'm waiting to hear back, but if she doesn't, I'm done.   This is part of a Calendar SAL through Serenita' di Campagna that I bought in January.  I love these designs!  I will eventually make the calendar for myself, but thought this was a cute idea for the October exchange.  I found a little frame for it, I just haven't had time to assemble it.  This was stitched on 40 count light mocha over two.



One exchange partner has a birthday next month, so I stitched this little one to make into an ornament.  This was a free pattern I found while scrolling through these freebies.  You can find the website by clicking here.  This was stitched on 40 count antique ivory over two.



I'm still working on Coming to America.  I can't wait to get past all these words, they aren't my favorite to stitch.  I do like the look of it though!  This is by Brenda Gerais and I'm still working within the voyage time that the Pilgrims took on the Mayflower.  This is day 39 of their 66 day journey.  If my calculations are right I'll be finished by the time they reached America 400 years ago!  It is stitched on 40 count Vintage mocha over two. 



The last thing I stitched was the October part of the Birds and Blackwork Flowers by Lesley Teare that was a Christmas Gift from my husband.  It is stitched on 28 count white over two.  I love these...and each month seems to be prettier than the last.  I'll be sad when this SAL ends in December.



Guess that's all for this installment!  I hope you all are enjoying good health and good weather!  Happy Stitching!

7 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What wonderful stitches you shared, DJ! I hope your pen pals eventually follow through; guess time will tell on that score. You have made good progress on the Mayflower piece.

jocondine said...

Great show, Mayflower looks very nice and the chart of Serenita di Campagna is really lovely with those orange colors. Great fan of your Blackwork every chart is a beauty. Amitiés. xxx

Elfie said...

Your needle has been busy again this month. I love your Christmas ornaments, and all your other projects too. Fingers crossed that you soon get a lovely surprise on the mail from your exchange partner.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Love the ornaments and the sampler is growing nicely too.
Shame about the exchanges though. I do hope you get something back from one of them!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

You have been busy, DJ. I love your choice of Christmas ornaments and the Coming to America sampler looks great.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely stitching DJ, I really like your blackwork bird, it's so striking. Coming to America is looking amazing.

Christine said...

Great stitching! I love the blackwork bird