Friday, October 30, 2020

It's been a busy month!

Whew...I've been keeping pretty busy with my stitching lately!  I recently signed up for two pen pals (I was only going to do one, but someone else asked and I just can't say no...haha).  With all that has been going on I have been sending things out towards the end of the month, but I'm going to remedy that in November.  I already have the stitching done, I just have to "finish" them off.  

So...since I have tracking numbers and I know that they have received their letters this month I thought I would show you what I sent.

Ms. C has already thanked  me for the package I sent.  I feel terrible as she told me her birthday was in September but I was so swamped with the wedding and other things, I just didn't have time to get her package together.  Here is what I sent her...


I thought you might like a little close up of the ornaments I finished...I thought they came out quite nicely, and now I want to make the Blessed Be for myself!  LOL





I also finished up Glory to God...this is sitting on my work desk in my sewing room.  I love these little frames I found at Hobby Lobby!!



Ms. K sent me such a lovely package for my birthday, and I think hers is coming up shortly if I'm not mistaken so I need to get creative again for her special package.  But I only sent her the stitching for October.  I hope she liked it, I haven't heard from her yet.  Here is what I sent her...



A friend of mine, someone I have known since my college days, was gracious enough to make us masks at the beginning of the pandemic.  She had seen masks that had been embroidered on and I told her I would stitch something for her.  I have done embroidery since I was seven years old, and though I do prefer cross stitch, I still know how to do some of the decorative stitches.  I hope no one asks me to do this again, I couldn't even get up the courage to make another one for me (although Ms. T...or as we affectionately called her in our college days, Ms. Spot...would have had to assemble it for me and I couldn't ask her to do more for us...)  Anyway...long story short, here is what I stitched for her.  I already showed it to her and it will be in the mail to her soon...I stitched this free hand.  I didn't sketch it out on the fabric, nor did I used waste canvas.  I just hope it stays together when she washes it...haha.  There are lots of fun stitches in it though!  



I'm still chugging along on Coming to America.  I have one more thing I want to stitch before I get back to this full time.  I love my friends!!  But sometimes I get myself into trouble with things I promise...haha.  Anyway, the "arrival date" of the Mayflower was November 10th....and though there is a LOT of stitches left to do, I think I will have time to finish by then.  Fingers crossed!!  Here is where I am at the moment...



I guess that's all the news.  I have stitched a few things that I can't show just yet, and I have a ton of finishing I need to get done too.  Well good news, there is an extra hour coming my way this weekend!  Maybe I'll spend it doing some finishing.  Wish me luck!  Till next time...Happy Stitching!!

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What lovely items you stitched for your pen pals, DJ! The embroidery looks good. You have made awesome progress on the Mayflower. Enjoy your weekend!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Beautiful stitching and gifts for your penfriends, DJ. I'm looking forward to seeing your completed Coming to America. You've made great progress on it.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely exchanges and such cute frames too.