Thursday, January 16, 2020

It's been a day...

Whew!  Yesterday was a jam packed day!  I had a gathering with friends in the morning, a trip to Walmart to get some double sided tape, home to stitch for a couple of hours, then off to another gathering with friends in the evening, followed by a mad dash to just south of Baltimore to watch DS play floor hockey.   We didn't get home until 10:30!!  So...today I had a pajama day and finished off 4 more ornaments.  That makes 7 and I'm more than halfway done!  I probably won't get any more done until next week sometime, as it's DH's birthday and we are off to the beach (hopefully headed out before the snow starts falling).  Why the beach?  We like secluded places, so the beach in the wintertime is the perfect time for us!  I don't like crowds.  I like walks on the beach bundled up covering all the bulges and stuff.  Call me weird, but that is like heaven to me!  We will be leaving the house in the capable hands of DS....if you hear of any crazy, loud parties, DON'T call me, maybe they'll actually clean the house before we get back...hahaha    So....here are the 4 I finished off today...and there are only 5 left to finish!






Now back to my regularly scheduled Birds and Blackwork SAL by Lesley Teare!  Here is where I left off yesterday!


And that is all that I have to say on that!  Will you miss me if I stay off the blog for a few days?  haha  I know I'll miss you!  Happy  Stitching!!

6 comments:

Kay said...

Beautiful finishing. I hope you have a lovely time at the beach. x

Katie said...

Have fun. I like your idea. Sometimes it's so nice to just get away from people. Beautiful finishes. See ya when you get back.

Terri said...

Love your finishes! Have a great time at the beach!

Julie said...

Happy Birthday to DH. Have a fabulous time away. Your idea of a break sounds just perfect to me. I'm not one for crowds either.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

These are beautiful, I think the pinecone is my favourite. The ribbon coordinates so well.
Hope the beach was good fun.

Robin in Virginia said...

Well done on getting 4 ornaments finished, DJ! Each one is so pretty.