Saturday, January 4, 2020

Busy day!

I got just a little bit of stitching done on Dance by the light of the moon before we headed out to see Ben and Heather's place they will be moving into soon.  What a lovely place they've chosen to move to!!  But before I get to that, I'll show you  have far I've got on DBTLOTM...


Only a few more snowflakes, the lettering and the moon to go!!  This has been a pretty quick stitch!

Ben and Heather have been searching places to move to, then Mike heard about a place from a coworker and they went to check it out.  There was a move in special and after sleeping on the decision, they decided to sign up.  After the background check, they are all set up...now to wait for their apartment to open up for them!  Here are a few pictures we took today as we went for a little tour of the place.  I'm ready to sign up to move in there myself!!

Here is the bedroom...


The closet....


The Bathroom...


The kitchen, from one angle...



And another angle...


The Living room...


The Community room...with an amazing fireplace that is see through to the outside...





The Billiards Room (they also have a poker table too!)


The Pool (closed for the season)


I don't have pictures of the exercise room or the theater, but they are pretty impressive too.  The building is in a square with the parking garage in the middle.  The parking garage has a door that opens and closes, so it's completely secure.  It seems small with nothing in it, but hopefully will be cozy once they have it furnished.

Afterwards we went to see the movie Knives Out.  We all had the same reaction to the first part of the movie, we struggled to stay awake, but that didn't last long.  It was so full of twists and turns right up until the very end.  I highly recommend this movie!!  It's the second movie we've seen this week, and we loved the first one just as much....the Jumanji movie.  Rarely to people clap at the end of movies anymore, but both these movies got the same reaction.

Off to rest up and get some more stitching done.  Life seems to be on fast forward lately...I'm getting soooooo tired!!  I think we might take a long weekend away at the beach soon.  I need to recharge!  Happy Stitching everyone!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Wishing your family lots of happy times in their new home, it does look so lovely.
Moon has grown really quickly, I do like the fabric choice and the little snow people really do look sweet.

Katie said...

Oh I love your progress on the snowman piece. Beautiful on that dark fabric. Lovely place. I bet it will make them a wonderful home.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love the design on that fabric, very striking.
The apartment looks great. With the communal room and the extras it will be like living in a hotel! Maybe without room service though LOL

Robin in Virginia said...

What an amazing place to live! Know that they will turn it into a cozy nest!