Thursday, December 26, 2019

Happy Dancing over another finish!!

Whew....it's been a wild month, let me tell you!  Thankfully I was able to fit in a few days here and there to work on some WIPs I have floating around.  The biggest accomplishment this month was finishing Winter's Majesty.  I also was able to finish up Quakers in Holland this month, a SAL I started earlier this year.  I had others I signed up for but they have all fallen by the wayside.  I'm hoping to get them up and running soon too.  But here she is, in all her glory....my last finish for the year!  This was stitched on 40 ct. light mocha over two and is about 9 x 9 finished size.  I think I'll wait until I have all the Quakers finished before I decide how to fully finish them off.  I still have England, France and Japan to work on!


I was spoiled for Christmas and my husband gifted me Birds and Blackwork flowers SAL by Lesley Teare that starts in January, and also Gloria SAL by Tempting Tangles that also starts in January.  I'm searching through my stash looking for fabric, but he told me I can buy the fabric I want as part of his gift too!  There is a sale on at my LNS that I might go and see what I can find tomorrow...we'll see.  I also received a few By The Bay Needleart patterns for Christmas too!  They are stitch an inch pieces so I think I'll  stitch a few here and there this coming year as well!

I've been trying to decide what goals I want to set for myself next year, and while I'm still participating in the challenge at my local needlework store for a few more months, I'm hoping this will be the year I really concentrate and finish up some really old WIPs.  I'm hoping in the next few days (but they are already being spoken for with wedding plans) I'll be able to search through my stash and search out things that have been set aside for too long.  I also hope to make those Bride Tree ornaments in time to give them to Ms. H for her shower.  Fingers crossed!!

If this happens to be my last post for 2019, I'm wishing you all the best in the coming New Year...with lots of fully finished projects and very  Happy Stitching along the way!

2 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Oooo Quakers of Holland is gorgeous! You know you're going to get a good design with Tempting Tangles.

Katie said...

Wohoo Congrats on the finish!! Glad you were spoiled for Christmas. I look forward to seeing your progress on these. I'll be here cheering you along. Good luck getting everything ready. Happy New Year!