Sunday, December 15, 2019

December Gifted Gorgeousness

Well, another year of Gifted Gorgeousness comes to a close.  It's been a year of ups and downs but as I look back at all the things I was able to finish considering what all transpired this year, I have to give myself a pat on the back!  While I didn't meet all the goals I had set for myself, I did get a lot more done than I thought I would after my Mom passed in February!  Let's hope next year will be better and brighter for all of us!!

If you've been following me at all you'll know that this challenge is being offered by Jo over at Serendipitous Stitching.  You can find the rules for the challenge here.  But if you want to peek and see what everyone has been stitching, you can find them here.  Thank you, Jo, for another great year of challenges!  I love this challenge as it's a good way to get those items we've been given out of the closet and showcase them....but also to showcase the things we have given to others.

First off....I have another finish!  This was a free chart given on the Charting Creations Facebook page.  I started this as a challenge last summer and though I didn't finish it while the challenge stitch a long was going on, I did finally finish it, just in time for Christmas!  This was stitched on 32 count linen (sand color) over one using DMC 814 floss.  There sure are a LOT of stitches in that little piece!!  haha  The finished size was about 14 x 6.  Now to decide how to finish it off.....but what is so exciting is that they asked if they could include this picture in their newsletter.  I'm so honored, and you can find the newsletter here.




I'm still diligently working on Marie Antionette's Caleidoscope.  This one has been such a challenge!  I think I'm finally getting the hang of those Jessica Stitches....if they aren't perfect, I'll take what I can get.  I tried to follow the diagram that came with the pattern.  Hopefully it looks ok...




The challenge for this piece ended in November, so this is where I left off stitching on the Chatelaine.


I'm back to working on Winter's Majesty.  This was a Christmas gift from my DH one year (many years ago) and because of its size (and difficulty) I put it aside now and then to give myself time to get excited about it again.  There is still quite a bit to finish, but I'm going to give it the old college try!!  Here is where I picked it up this month...




And here is where I am now...




I participated in a few exchanges this month as well.  Here is the package I sent to Ms. S in Washington state...




And here is the package she sent me!  I adore everything she sent!!  What a fun exchange!




Here is the package I sent Ms. D in Connecticut....




And here is what she sent me.



I've been trying to finish up some of the many ornaments I stitched this year.  Some are for gifts but they should be in the mail by the time this post is published...so here are some of the other ornaments I have finished...





All of these ornaments were stitched from gifted charts.  I wonder if I will ever get them all finished?  These will probably end up on my son's tree, as they don't have many ornaments for it yet.

I went to a Christmas party last Friday, and was the lucky recipient of this lovely stitched stocking!  It's full of candy, Godiva chocolate and Andes chocolate. Yummmy!!



And now on to Day 3 of the 12 Days of Christmas!




I've been participating in a gift exchange through a group I belong to, and we are sharing the 12 Days of Christmas.  Each day we open a gift in the 12 days leading up to Christmas.  Today we are on day 3.  Here is the gift Georgena has sent me for the third day.  Underneath hers you will find the gift I sent her.  





These are counting pins that I made for her.  If you would like to see the other gifts we've been exchanging you can look back in the last two posts.

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you are enjoying the holiday season spending time with friends and family.  I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and all the best in the coming New Year!




3 comments:

Elfie said...

Such beautiful stitching - and such varied projects! I love them all. Your exchanges are amazing as well.
Merry Christmas!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month and every single month this year - Full House!

The over one sleigh is amazing, it looks like it is printed on the fabric the coverage is so good!

Your Chatelaine on black looks incredible too, that's a real challenge.

Love all the ornies and exchanges as well.

Katie said...

So many beautiful things in this post. The Merry Christmas piece is just adorable. You deserved attention for it.