Sunday, November 15, 2015

Prayers for Paris

It is with a heavy heart I write this post.  I've been thinking about what I wanted to say for a few days.  I like my blog to be about happy things, about creativity and the fun I have with my guys.  But I also want to record events that touch me, and so I'm going to write about Paris, and my reaction to the horror that has happened there.

Many of you know my husband was in the military and he was stationed in Germany when the events of September 11, 2001 happened.  Someone called me (it was the middle of the day there) and told me the US was under attack.  I turned on my TV in time to see the second tower hit.  I couldn't not watch, just as I couldn't not watch when they showed pictures of the chaos in Paris. My thoughts immediately went to how I felt that day, the fear and uncertainty, wondering how people could do something so horrendous in the name of "god".  I don't understand it, I will never understand it.  But I do know that the only thing I can do at times like this is pray to God and ask Him to help the people of France, to guide the leaders in what they must do next, to relieve suffering both physically and mentally, and to fill me with compassion for those affected by this tragedy.  Not just the victims and their families, but also for those who committed these violent acts.  I do not hate Muslims, nor terrorists, nor anyone else who doesn't share the beliefs I hold dear, but I don't condone what they have done either.  We are called to love them, and so I shall with God's help.  And so to the people of France I send my heartfelt condolences, and offer fervent prayers for your safety, for healing, and for hope and peace.

1 comment:

Stitching Noni said...

Words are hard to find to explain how I feel about what happened in Paris.... it is a very sad time for Paris and France and for the rest of the world. I fear what sort of world awaits the next generation
Hugs xx