Monday, March 19, 2012

Casting Crowns and Miracles

Hi Folks!

I know it's been a while since I posted, and I know I sound like a broken record, but there doesn't seem to be much time to get online and update my blog these days...or stitch for that matter!  So where do I begin to tell you what's been going on?

Let's start with the title of this blog...Casting Crowns.  Oh...what a concert I attended Sunday night!  Astrid, her MIL, DH, DS and I didn't know what was in store for us that night when we decided to attend this concert some time back.  Astrid found out they were going to be in Baltimore and so got the tickets a while back.  There were actually four "groups" performing tonight...

Lindsay McCaul

Royal Tailor

Matthew West

And Casting Crowns.

It was a night of praising the Lord, and after the week I've experienced, it was the perfect culmination of a very special week.  

I know I've been asking for prayers for Tyler, and let me tell you, your prayers have not been in vain.  The Lord is working miracles with that child...honestly!!  A few weeks ago Tyler was not expected to live through the weekend.  People prayed...and not only did he live, he started to improve.  Wednesday many people gathered at the church to hold a prayer vigil for Tyler.  For an hour we fervently prayed for Tyler.  It was tearful and heartfelt and we left feeling hopeful.  Then Thursday, the call went out that Tyler was in crisis, and that he was not expected to live, they were taking him off the ventilator and the medications to allow him to die "naturally".  His organs were failing one by one, his lungs were collapsing and diseased, and he was bleeding internally.  The Doctors told the family there was nothing more they could do to help Tyler, and they were going to "clean him up" and they could spend the remaining time of his life with him, that it may take a while because Tyler's heart was strong.  People gathered, wept and prayed, and his parents went into his room, his mother crawled into bed with him, and began to tell him that heaven was a beautiful place, it was worry free and pain free and how wonderful it would be when he got there.  Little by little, Tyler's vital signs began to improve.  The Doctors told them that it was his body giving one last effort to live but that he WAS dying and there was nothing more that could be done.  But his parents, not without hope, realized something else was going on, and began to ask God to heal him, and began to pray for specific organs, his lungs, his kidneys, his liver and any other organ they could think of...and Tyler's vital signs kept improving.  All the while this was going on, people around the world were praying for Tyler.  They took blood to check for blood gases and realized they were improving and then Tyler began to move.  He had been on paralytic drugs, it was not possible that he was moving his head and squinting his eyes.  His Dad asked him to squint his eyes again and immediately he did!  Tyler could hear and understand...something the Doctors said was impossible.  They began to start treating Tyler again, this time as if he were going to live.  Everyone who was there that night, the family, the Pastor, the Doctors and nurses all agreed that it was a divine intervention and that it truly was a miracle.  Not only did Tyler live through that terrible night, but his vital signs and blood gases and lungs have all shown incredible marked improvement.  When they took xrays of his lungs, they showed that his lungs were better than they had been in weeks and Tyler was put back on a ventilator, but the normal one, with normal settings, not the oscillator that he had been on for weeks.  Other blood work showed that the bone marrow graft has taken and he is in remission.  Tyler is still not out of the woods.  They plan to do a risky procedure for him tomorrow to find out where he is bleeding internally and see if they can stop the bleeding.  Please keep praying for Tyler, but know that God is hearing each and every prayer and is honoring them all.

If you would like to read  Pastor Kevin's account of the miracle you can read about it here..

If you would like to hear Ron, Tyler's Dad give his testimony about the miracle, you can hear it on this podcast, search for the date 3/18/2012

After all that I'm not sure you'll want to hear about my feeble stitching, but if you do, here's a picture of the progress I'm making on Sweet Flowers.  I am hoping, since I don't have anything scheduled for tomorrow, that I can get this finished up so I can move on to something else.  I love these patterns, but it's stressful trying to finish them for a deadline...but I guess that's the price I pay for getting them for free.  

I hope you all are well, and I hope the story of Tyler has given you encouragement and hope.  I know it has for me!  I hope to post one more time before Friday...but if you don't hear from me for a while, don't worry, I'll be back!  Take care...


Veronica said...

I'm so happy to hear about Tyler. I'll continue to keep him and you in my thoughts and prayers. Do take care. Hope the surgery goes smoothly.


dixiesamplar said...

Praise God and his infinite mercy!! Prayer does work...all it takes is faith :o)

Sounds like you had a blessed evening at your concert outing as glad you enjoyed it!

fullnovembermoon said...

I’ve awarded you the Leibster Blog Award! I love your blog and wanted to show my appreciation for your blog work and your lovely stitches!

VegasJilly said...

i have gifted you with the liebster award! please check my blog!

Nancy said...

God is amazing isn't he! Continuing to pray for Tyler, for his parents and for his doctors and nurses!

Carol's Stitching said...

Wonderful news on Tyler and you are such an inspiration yourself lady. Another friend of mine went to this same concert and loved it too. I also gifted you with the Liebster award and details are on my blog. Happy Stitching!

Carolyn said...

Thiinking of you and hoping your surgery goes smoothly and that you'll be back blogging soon. With good thoughts and prayers sent your way.