Friday, October 14, 2011

Happy Birthday Dad!

 
Today was my Dad's Birthday.  Funny how someone who was such a big part of your life for most of your life leaves such a big hole when they leave.  I've been thinking about him all day, so thought I would put up the last really good picture of him...hoping that somehow he knows I'm thinking of him and wishing him a Happy Birthday, and missing him like crazy.

I wanted to report that T will be coming home for a few days before his next round of chemotherapy.  I asked for prayer for him a few entries back.  He was diagnosed with Leukemia and it is a very aggressive form.  They are searching for bone marrow donors, and have found 4, but they all live in Europe and only one is below the age of 40.   Please continue to pray for T and his family as they battle this terrible disease.  We rejoice with them when the news is good (that his numbers are high enough so he can go home for a few days) and we continue to lift them in prayer as they wait on the Lord for their needs.  Thank you to those of you who are praying!


I thought you might like this little picture of Thomas.  He was in what I call his "midnight madness" mode and squeeeeeezed himself underneath the china cabinet.  Silly cat!!  He was there for quite some time, I'm not sure what drove him to "hide" under the furniture, but he sure gave us a giggle!
It's been raining the past couple of days, but the weather has been quite mild.  The leaves are changing, hopefully this weekend I can get some good pictures while the sun is shining.  The mums and the marigolds in the front yard are blooming like crazy!  DH takes care of them through the year, and with all the rain this year, they have blossomed like never before!  It's looking quite fall like in our front yard!
I haven't had much time to stitch this week, so I'll throw a few pictures of my progress this week.  I did work on my UFO yesterday and was able to finish a few motifs.  I'm getting closer every week, and can't wait to finish so I can get this puppy framed!!
I worked on Cirque des Carreaux today and now can finally say I have reached the right hand side of the pattern.  A few more motifs and I will have finished the 5th page of the pattern with only one more page to go!  This is one of the crazies and the second largest piece I had in my original 15.  The finish line is in sight!
 

Well the "old man" will be home tonight!  I'll be so thankful to have him home, I missed him and will finally be able to relax a little since I won't have to juggle everything at once.  It's going to be a late night, since his plane doesn't land until almost midnight, but it will be worth it to have him home tonight.

I learned this week that I came in second for the "Wet Noodle Award" from the Friendly Stitcher's yahoo group.  I'm not sure what I've won, but I'm a patient woman and can wait for it to arrive.  As soon as I have it, I'll be sure to post pictures!  I'm thrilled and humbled thinking about those who voted for me, thank you all so very much!


And that's all the news that's fit to print.  Hope you are enjoying your day wherever you may be!  *Hugs*

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Beautiful stitching! I am sure that your dad knows your thoughts about him today. Prayers coming for T.

Mouse said...

am sure your dad knows you are thinking about him :) love the up dates on the stitching :) hope you got DH back ok and your goodies should be on their way monday :) soooo you can stalk the posties hehehe :)
awwwww to Thomas as well :) love mouse xxxxx

Veronica said...

Wow! Gorgeous, gorgeous flowers! I especially love the orange, red and yellow one. Reminds me of the sunset.

I'm sure your dad knows he's in your thoughts.

Mystery Spot Sampler is nearly done! Can't wait to celebrate the Happy Dance with you.

Hugs,
Veronica.

MysteryKnitter said...

How pretty flowers you have there!