Monday, January 10, 2011

A Perfect Ten

Wow!! We're two thirds of the way there! And what a day it was!!

I mentioned yesterday that I was surfing and found this Stitch a long and just had to do it!! Well I received the first two parts today and I'm so excited!! I drove to my LNS to pick up supplies (and a few other things I needed) and started almost as soon as I walked in the door. It was a busy day today and though I really didn't have much time to work on it, I was able to get a pretty good start. You can find information about the SAL here.

http://magicaspuntadas.blogspot.com/2010/12/inscripcion-romantique-sampler2011.html

I decided to make this one on 36 ct natural linen over two (does that make you happy Libbie?) because there is some backstitching, and if I didn't use two threads of floss for cross stitching it wouldn't have the same 3D effect that I think they are looking for. I hated to put this down because I wanted to see what the first section would look like completed, but I've had a long day and I'm completely shattered. Here's a picture of my start...

Today has been a long and stressful day. My Mom had surgery to replace her knee today, and though she went through surgery fine, she's having some difficulties tonight. Please, if you are inclined, say a prayer for her? I am aching to be there, but cannot due to the health issues I'm having myself right now. I talked to her tonight and it was good to hear her voice, but I wish with all my heart I could be there with her. I'm going upstairs to prop up my feet as I've had quite a bit of swelling myself today. If it's not one thing, it's another! *wink*

Speaking of crazies...did I tell you about the contest my DH and DS had just the other day? With temperatures dipping below the freezing mark, they are still running around in shorts and t-shirts (if you can believe that!!). They were making fun of me and other people who are sensible and wearing long pants and coats. They decided on their way home from a basketball game to turn on the air conditioner full blast and open all the windows until one of them cried " UNCLE". Neither of them did, and they came home after a 30 minute drive and tried to give me a hug. I could feel their frozen bodies through my clothing!!! *shaking head* ...and you guys think I'M the crazy one???

See you tomorrow! *Hugs*

6 comments:

Gillie said...

Crazy in a completely different way, love!! Lots of love to your mum and I've been praying.

And This Little Pig said...

Yes DJ I am smiling, and after the bloody awful day we have had here in Oz, I need to find something to smile about, will have to pop over and have a look at the your new SAL. Your poor DS, crazy on both sides :D. I took some piccies of my fabric dying, just off to do my post for Day 11.
LiBBiE in Oz

Tricia T said...

Oh, I hope you and your mom will both feel better. And, yes, men are silly sometimes!! :-)

Babs in Alabama said...

Am praying for your Mom, Dj, that recovery will be quick and complete. I've read all of your posts, but haven't been commenting. So proud of all your starts and sticking to it. I've been stitching some but not posting...try to play catch up today with progress pics. You mentioned in another post that sometimes all you can do is call and pray....that is not all you can do...it's the best you can do :) Glad about the improved hearing, sorry about the fingers and I love that ink circles! By the Bay Tidal River #'s 1,2,&3 stitched together is one of my wip challenges.
hugs,
babs

Mouse said...

hi DJ sending *HUGE HUGS* to you and your mum :) love the new start in fact am quite tempted with the romance sal myself after going on the link .....by the way i did double check yours and my marbles are still on the shelf above my stitching chair so we are the un crazy ones heheheh..... if they get man flu am afraid they have to nurse themselves with no moaning ...lol
love mouse xxxxx

MysteryKnitter said...

I am sad for your Mom. Your son and your DH.... The crazy duo, I say!