Thursday, May 6, 2010

UFO finish!!!

It's Thursday...and we all know what day that is RIGHT? Allison Joy will be out wielding her wet noodle if we don't work on a UFO...so here's mine...all finished, can you believe it? No wet noodle for me *doing a Happy Dance* The color is a little wonky because it's late and no natural sunlight out there, but I'm so happy it's finished. It was a big project and I wanted to finish it before surgery (there are a couple others I'm hoping to finish too) because I don't know when I'll be able to hold something this big again. I'm working the next four days so don't know when I'll get to stitch again *sigh* You would not believe how much stress this relieves unless you are a stitcher too.
If you click on the picture it will make it bigger and you can see the stitches better.

Off to bed for me, it'll be a long day at work tomorrow. *Hugs*

6 comments:

Gillie said...

Well done, DJ, I love the colours!

Hillery said...

Beautiful Sampler. I love the colors too. Makes me think of spring.

lenna said...

DJ ~
Sorry to hear about all your problems but know I will be thinking of you and sending you hugs for your upcoming procedures.
Don't you just love bosses? When my cat had cancer he says to me wouldn't it be better if you just took a shovel and hit her in the head? Where does a person like that go when they die?
Anyhoo ~ I will be thinking of you and praying for your easy, speedy recovery and visiting your blog for updates.
Your stitching is just lovely! I like the motifs on the contest piece. The reddish silk is beautiful I do like it.
Take care and I will be thinking of you.
God Bless ~
Lenna

Mouse said...

ooo thats lovely DJ i've seen that on the blog and thought its really nice and mmmm have i got enough time in the day to stitch it as well ..lol
love mouse xxxxxx

Mylene said...

Simply beautiful! Love the colours you have used with this one. Congrats on finishing it.

Raven/Missy said...

An absolutely beautiful sampler! I love the colors you have chosen, it looks bright and cheerful! I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers! (((( HUGS DJ ))))