Thursday, December 7, 2017

Day 7 of the 12 Days of Christmas


Well, we have passed the halfway mark.  I still keep getting some awesome gifts!  Today I received some chenille trim.  I've been going through the inventory of stuff I have stitched in my brain thinking carefully if there is something I can use this on...I know eventually I will find something.  I have been looking at the chenille trim, and now I have some to work with....thank you so much Marcy!!

Here is what Lynne received today.  I gave her scissors yesterday, so today she received a scissor fob I made for them.  

I'm thrilled I had the chance to stitch yesterday!  I finished the December band.  A few months into the SAL the designer swapped out one of the bands for one with bees to commemorate the tragedy in Belgium.  He later posted the original band.  I loved the lattice design and decided to wait until I was close to the end to see if there was room enough to stitch that band too.  And there was!!  So....I'm fitting that in just before the last band.  I'm having troubles deciding on which colors to use (there isn't much left of the red and I don't know if I'll have enough left for what I want to do) so I'll be trying to work on that a bit today.  Here's what I have so far.  I had to frog a portion yesterday (28 over one is NOT fun to frog!!!  UGH!!) and I was so keen to finish that band I stayed up until 3 AM working on it.   Anyway...here is where I am today.  I hope to finish this by the 15th so I can display it with the other Gifted Gorgeousness goodies.  
I'm taking part in the annual Advent Blog Hop over on Serendipitous Stitching that Jo is organizing.  If you are interested in seeing what others are doing and hearing about their Boxing Day traditions, why not head over and see what everyone is doing!  You can get to the blog hop here.  My day is later on in the month...so keep watching for me!

And that is all that's fit to print today.  I need to get shopping, I haven't bought any gifts for my guys yet!!!   I hope you are all enjoying the anticipation of the holidays and getting some rest while stitching! 

2 comments:

Meari said...

Looking forward to seeing what you do with the trim, DJ. I love having different trims to choose from for smalls. Stitching looks great. And nice job on the scissor fob!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Pretty trim.

I love that bottom swagged band on the Linen & Threads sampler. I am so impressed that you kept up with this one so well.