Tuesday, December 12, 2017

12th Day of Christmas

I'm kind of sad this is the last day of our 12 Days of Christmas exchange.  It's been such fun getting to know the ladies of the Stitcher's Circle Yahoo Group.  We've been chatting and ooohing and aaaahing over all the lovely little gifts.  But...there is always next year!!

So today I received this lovely needle holder for needles and other things I might need while using yarn.  In my case Crochet, because I can't Knit to save my life!!  What a lovely gift, and I know I will put it to good use.  Thank you so much, Marcy!!

My gift to Lynne today was a teacup pincushion.  I had made this in the summer for this exchange, and then found out I was sending to Scotland.  YIKES.  I tried to pack it as best I could and it looks like it made it there in one piece.  


Ok, off to battle the crowds again today.  Yesterday was a nightmare, standing in lines everywhere I went.  But I must say, I had several pleasant conversations along the way.  At least the people I chatted with yesterday are in the Christmas spirit...although I think I might have offended someone when I wished them a Merry Christmas.  How politically uncorrect of me...hahaha  So I guess I'll do it again.  To all my friends here, Have a Merry Christmas!!  If you celebrate another holiday, I hope yours is Merry as well!

Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I joined in the middle and have really enjoyed watching the exchange. I hope I'm still involved next year and get to participate. Love your teacup. The people around here are just miserable to deal with. I always smile and try to lighten up the crowd. Sometimes I can but boy sometimes I can't. People are sure weird about the Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays thing. I personally say Happy Holidays because it covers all beliefs but if someone says Merry Christmas to me I smile and say Merry Christmas right back. To me the point is to be nice to each other than pick apart how it was said.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I recognise that Just Nan design, it's a beauty and makes a great pincushion.

I don't understand the Happy Holiday thing, a Holiday is a vacation not a mid winter festival! And if you say Happy for Holiday what do you say for New Year? Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year is perfect but Happy Holiday and a Happy New Year sounds like you need a thesaurus to extend your vocabulary LOL

If you don't want to say Christmas, then Seasons Greetings is nice.