Sunday, October 15, 2017

October Gifted Gorgeousness

What a crazy month this has been.  There is a lot to share so I'm going to get right to it...

First off, let's start with the Gifted Gorgeousness.  This is where we showcase things we've stitched that was either gifted to us (meaning the chart, fabric or floss) or something we are going to gift to others.  I love this Challenge that Jo over at Serendipitous Stitching started.   It gives me incentive to look for things to stitch, and to acknowledge what others have given to me.  It's a way for me to say thank you!  You can sign up for this challenge here and it's never to late to join in the fun.  If you want to see the links and see what others are stitching, you can find it here.  Make sure you say hello to Jo while you're there!

I have been stitching up a storm since the last time I posted.  I'm getting ready for some exchanges and I don't think most of them view my blog.  So I'm going to post all the Christmas ones, because I know they don't, and I will only post the back of the Halloween one until I know she has received it.  It's in the mail now, I really hope she likes it because I was tempted to keep it myself!!  LOL

Here is the Halloween one....I'll show the front once she has received it.  I found this pattern a few years ago and saved it.  It was a freebie, but I unfortunately didn't save the site I found it on...and now I can't find it.  I've been asked by several so if you find the link (I think it was a Japanese site) please leave the website in a comment so others can find it.  Thank you so much!

The next few ornaments came from the 2018 Just Cross Stitch Ornament issue.  I loved stitching these, and even had fun making them into ornaments.




This one is from "My favorite things" by Sue Hillis.  The fabric it is pictured on is the fabric I used to back it.

This one is a Told in a Garden Angel, I think it's 2005.  This is a gift for a friend from college.  I really need to get more finishing done!!

I made two of these...one on 40 ct. and one on 32 count.  Each will be made into a tea cup pincushion.  This was a free pattern from Just Nan called Christmas Hearts.  I have finished the smaller one into the teacup.  I didn't have small enough beads so I used french knots instead.  UGH!!  Thankfully I didn't have too much trouble with them.




My husband knows how much I love a good mystery SAL, so for my birthday he signed me up for 3 of them from Tempting Tangles.  I have really enjoyed stitching on these.  First of is This Corner of Earth.  We are already on part 11.


The second is Wildflower Woodland Quaker Mystery and we are on Part 2.


The third and last is Springtime Easter Delight Mystery.  They can all be found on Tempting Tangles Etsy site.  And they are all only $5.00 until they are finished.  Quite a bargain if you ask me!!


I've been working on the 12 Berries of Christmas that Erica Michaels designed.  I had the first three done and then decided I would do number 12 next.  So here is 12 Drummers Drumming.


I have stitched this before, but made a couple more for exchange pieces.  This is one of the 4 designs in Christmas Basket by The Drawn Thread.



I stitched this with the intention of making a pin pillow for a Halloween exchange but never got the time to finish it before it was time to send out my package.  I will finish it eventually but I might just keep it for myself...haha  This was a freebie pattern, but I can't recall right now where I found it.


This one is also for an exchange I'm doing.  This is Main Street Depot from the Hometown Series from Little House Needleworks.

Quite some time ago, a lady I've met in our local LNS and have stitched with a time or two was diagnosed with Breast Cancer.  A group of us got together and stitched her some quilt squares.  She was presented with the quilt last week, so now I'm able to show you our handiwork, and I can show you the quilt square I stitched.  You may know her as the Stitcherista, or perhaps Danielle.  Here is her quilt.  I am sure it means as much to her as mine did to me while I was in the fight.  I hope it brings you comfort and healing.  Get well, quick, Danielle!



 I'm going to finish with this piece.  This is  a pattern that I changed a wee bit to make it look like my son, Ben and his fiance, Katie.  I think he said he found it on reddit.  He asked me to make one for him and Katie as a "just because" gift.  I didn't know, when I was stitching it, that it would probably be one of the last gifts he would give his Love.



You see, Katie has Cystic Fibrosis and she is in the final stage.  I got this framed for her the day before yesterday and we took it to her in the hospital.  That was when they told us that she only has a few days left with us.  But she loved it, and has it sitting where she can see it from her bed.  The date on it is the day they officially started dating.  They were to be married in April next year.  Our hearts are breaking for Katie and Ben and her friends and family.  We've been spending a lot of time at the hospital, so it's been hard to email or keep up with things here in cyber land.  I'm writing this in the wee hours of the morning because we got back from the hospital after midnight and I found I couldn't sleep.  If you are inclined, please pray for these two and their friends and family.  Katie is a special lady, she touched a lot of lives.  She is a fighter but she is weary....and we are going to miss her like crazy.

8 comments:

MartinaM said...

Oh, what a nice post. I enjoyed it very much. So many beautiful embroidery works, I can not say what I like the best.
Greetings, Martina

Vickie said...

DJ you have a wonderful talent for finishing. The ornaments are great!
I am so very moved by Ben and Katie. I had read about them in previous posts and did not realize she has only days to live. Oh I am so very sorry for you all. Yes. Yes I am praying for you ALL.

Julie said...

So saddened to read about Katie, some people touch our lives in the most special of ways.
You've been doing a lot of little crosses this month, so many pretty things. I do like the folded ribbon edging on the circular ornament, that really did catch my eye.
{{love and hugs]] to you all x

Stitching Noni said...

Oh, I am so sad to read about Katie... it is a very sad time for you all...

The quilt you all stitched for Danielle is gorgeous! I saw her video the other day when she was showing all the squares close up - they are just lovely. It was a lovely thing for you all to do for her.

Your finishes and stitching above is all gorgeous :o)
Hugs x

Tiffstitch said...

Beautiful work on everything! I'm so sorry to hear about Katie, that is such a tough disease and it takes its toll on everyone.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. So many beautiful and thoughtful gifts this month and the wonderful quilt for Danielle. I saw her open it on her FlossTube video, she was struck speechless!
My heart goes out to Katie and Ben, my friend's husband passed away last year from CF but he had reached 50 and they had a beautiful daughter together. Life can be cruel. (((hugs)))

Elfie said...

I really enjoyed my visit to your blog. and I absolutely loved every one of your projects.

MysteryKnitter said...

Oh no! How devastating news! About K, I mean. I wish you all strength in this sad time.