Monday, March 6, 2017

Some of this...more of that!!

So...It seems we've been crazy busy since the plane touched down on the tarmac.  It's 3 hours different in Las Vegas and I guess we were there long enough to have the jet lag affect us.  Silly me made plans for almost every day after we arrived home.  Even this weekend we went to a quarter auction, which was my first.  It was such a fun evening with Mike, Ben, the lovely Miss K, and some friends of Ben's from work.  Our table won a few prizes, much to the disdain of other folks in the hall...I won a fun mug, and a gift card.  Ben won some taffy, popcorn, and  a few other things, everyone won at the table except Mike.  And he even brought Winston!  Guess his luck is only good in Vegas!  I sent Ben over to get my prize...and this is what he picked out.  Not sure if I should laugh....or???  


 I haven't had much time to stitch...but I was able to stitch a few letters on Renouveau...



And most of the next installment from Linens and Things Mystery Sampler.  It doesn't look like it should take much time to stitch these bands, but when it's over one on black, it does take a big chunk!!  I've been catching up on When Calls the Heart series on Netflix while I stitch...so far I've watched 5 episodes...but I'm nearly done now!


The next question, is what will I stitch on next?  I've promised the Renouveau pattern to someone, but she graciously gave me 10 years to finish...LOL  Good thing as it just  might take me that long!  Seems the letters are faster to stitch, it's the people in the pattern who take the longest...but as of last week, I consider myself 1/4 of the way done!  

I don't remember if I posted that I won a drawing for participating in the Gifted Gorgeousness SAL.  Jo over at Serendipitous Stitching has been hosting this and I've enjoyed participating, it's gotten me motivated to finish up some UFO's and BAP's that have been hanging around for far too long.  Anyway, while I was gone, she sent me my prize.  She said she perused my blog and found out who my favorite designers are, then chose a pattern for me.  I have to say, I've had my eye on this pattern for a while.  Thanks so much Jo!!   It was such a thoughtful thing to do, and I really appreciate it so much!


Last, I forgot to show what my guys were up to in Vegas.  There's a new hockey team being formed out there (the Vegas Golden Knights), and they have built a new arena, T-Mobile, so of course we had to go take a look.  It's to typically Vegas!!  Lots of lights and glitter.  They were dying to go inside, but Mike checked all the doors...none were open.  Here he is trying to find his way in...I stayed far away, you know...in case they needed bail money or something.  LOL

 

4 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work this post! Keep it up with the lettering. The Mystery Sampler looks wonderful on black.
Glad you liked your prize too, it's always fun choosing charts for someone else!
I am pleased that your hubby didn't get into trouble for breaking and entering LOL

Meari said...

What's a quarter auction, and how does it work? Love the coffee cup, lol. So many are doing the SAL. I am so tempted. Must.not.look.No.I.Can't. LOL

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Lovely progress on your Linens and Threads SAL. You received a beautiful prize from Jo.

Tiffstitch said...

That is a ton of work on the sampler! Very cool colours and so funny about the LV arena. :)