Saturday, June 28, 2014

Who keeps moving the finish line?

Just when I think I'm about to catch up, someone moves the finish line...or publishes another part to a SAL, or there's a family emergency, or we have obligations...

Sometimes I dread the first of the month and the 15th of the month...that's generally when the next piece of a SAL is published.  I enjoy stitching on them, and love SALs because they keep me on a schedule that allows me to finish in a timely manner.  There are times, though, when my weird sense of responsibility to keep to my goals doesn't allow for unscheduled hiccups.  The past month has been like that for me, with all the bumps in the road for my family lately.  I haven't done much stitching and that throws me off my schedule causing anxiety that really isn't that important.  LOL  I think I need an intervention.  

I said all that to say...I got caught up on my Au Point de Croix SAL just in time, as the next one comes out in a couple of days.



But...I fell behind in my Marquoir Francoise...as part 6 was released before I finished part 5.  But thankfully, they usually stitch up quickly.  If the stars align correctly, I might finish 5 and 6 before 7 comes out...wish me luck!!  



I'm supposed to stitch on Quaker Diamonds on Wednesdays as a SAL with Gillie.  Sadly I've missed a couple of Wednesdays, but I did get a little bit done the other day.  I have a feeling this will be set on the back burner again this week...but hopefully when this week is over and the dust settles, I'll be able to get back on track the week after.  Wish me luck!!



I'm hoping to get some Christmas ornaments done in the first week of July so I don't fall behind again there.  If all goes well, I'll have another update in 10 days or so...so keep checking back!

*Hugs*

3 comments:

stitchersanon said...

I am so behind in my blog reading; so am late in sending comisserations. I wouldnt worry too much about keeping up. As long as your enjoying it then job done. Love your SALS, they are very pretty.

Linda said...

Wonderful progress DJ. Sending you lots of Good Lucks.

Linda

Jo said...

Great stitching and your Au Point de Croix looks wonderful xx