Monday, February 21, 2011

Unknown...

Hello Dear Blogging Friends...

It's been a wild and wacky weekend...and a long weekend at that! I'm beat...more than beat, but I wanted to add a little note to my blog to let you know I haven't disappeared off the face of the earth just yet! LOL

Today was Monday and Stitch Along with Babs day...so of course I have to show a picture of my progress on Heart of America by Little House Needleworks... I didn't get much done today as I ran a lot so didn't get much time to stitch. Here's a close up of what I accomplished...


and a full picture of what it looks like so far...



I told you in my last post that I got a new camera...and that the battery was charging while I typed...well, guess what?!?!? The camera didn't work!!!! So Saturday morning, while I was off having breakfast with my former college roommate, DH took DS to his basketball game and exchanged the camera for one that actually works.

Since the battery was charged we were able to pop it into a different camera and this time it worked like a charm. So...I've been happily taking pictures...and when I tried to load them on the computer, guess what!?!?!?! They won't load. So...I'm not sure what the next step is, but I'll figure out something, and in the meanwhile, my son very nicely let me borrow my old camera to take more pictures. *sigh* That new camera is turning into a thorn in my side!!! LOL

I had a great day with my friend. She was visiting the area because her brother was getting married yesterday! She was here with her husband and their three boys.


What a great family...and we had a great time at breakfast, and while the guys went shopping, my friend and I went off for coffee and a good long gab fest to catch up on all the news.

DH went grocery shopping while I had a doctor's appointment this morning. Yes, I told you many times...I am spoiled rotten!! LOL Not only did he do a wonderful job shopping (and by his own admission spent more than he ever has before while grocery shopping) he brought me some beautiful flowers.


My appointment with the doctor was not what I was expecting...I was told to see her in January, but I wasn't ready to be poked and prodded so soon...LOL so made my appointment in February. I developed a rapid heart beat while on chemo, and my oncologist told me it would go away after I was finished with chemo. It didn't go away...so I checked in with my general practitioner today. We discussed a few things that I was experiencing (that she asked me about) and I ended up walking away with FIVE referrals! YIKES!! Just when you think you're done, you're not, and I really DID NOT want to see more doctors so soon. *sigh* So...tomorrow I will be making appointments with a Cardiologist, a Gastroenterologist, a Physical Therapist, an OB-GYN, and I'll be having a sonogram of my leg (possible DVT). All that doesn't include the two appointments I have next month with the Oncologist and the Plastic Surgeon. It's like going to the car repair place and saying...I have a problem with my steering, and they give you a little looky-loo and the next thing you are replacing half the innards of your car! I am SO NOT ready for all this!! (whine complete, you can go about your regular business now)...LOL

So....we decided since it was a cold gray day today that we would take in a movie. We went to see Unknown (hence the title of today's blog entry). WOW...what a movie! DS said he had been bored through the whole thing, and I was on the edge of my seat. Of course I was cheering one of my favorite actors on as he went about his business on the big screen. *heavenly sigh* Lian Neeson...I love his voice, his mannerisms, and his gentleness. I could watch him all day, which is maybe why DS was so bored. LOL DS wanted to see Sanctum 3D, so we had to listen to him spout how he wouldn't have been bored during THAT movie. LOL I guess we'll be seeing that sometime this week... And we have made reservations to see the Grace Card on Friday night. My buddy Sonya will be coming with us! Can't wait!! Our church pre-ordered tickets for us and we'll be seeing it together. I think after that I'll be movied out for a while!! LOL

I was supposed to meet up with Sonya tomorrow for a Bible study and stitching, but the weather is supposed to turn nasty tonight. We've had near 70 degree weather this past week, and now it's cold enough to snow again. EEEK!! It's no wonder half the people I know are sick, and I just hope I can stay away from the germs so I don't catch it myself. DS was feeling quite ill tonight too, so hopefully it is nothing and he'll make it to school tomorrow. He's had perfect attendance in school for all but one of his ten years as a student.

Ok, time for me to head to bed. Thanks for stopping by, and if you wonder why I've gone so quiet in the groups lately, it's because I'm swamped with life at the moment. I'll try to get my act together by the end of the week (the next couple of days promise to be busy ones still). *Hugs*


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, just get it done and over with. I'm glad you had such a good time with Babs. Perhaps your camera just needs to be exchanged again. My mother always has luck like that. I haven't been to the movies in a while but did just watch at home The Sorcer's Apprentice and loved it. I loved seeing your stitching progress and your beautiful flowers. What a great husband.

Jo said...

Your stitching is great and yes you are spoiled by your DH with the flowers but hey..you deserve it. Unbelievable about the docs but at least they're looking out for you unlike some peoples docs. Finally Liam Neeson...yum yum ;-)

Mouse said...

Hi DJ :) your stitching is coming along lovely ... mmmmmm flowers are beautiful *big sniff of the scent ... and mmmmm at least they are looking after you even if you are greedy getting 5 referrals from one visit ..lol (hope they sort you out soon :) nice pics of you and friend and her family too ..... squeak to you soon love mouse xxxxx

Edy said...

#1...RELAX...some of those referrals could just be the very natural (dare I say it) aging process.
#2...the flowers are lovely!
#3...Hope DS feels better quickly.
and...#4...RELAX!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for your sharing the news about The Grace Card movie that releases to theaters this Friday (2/25/2011)!

Very quickly, I wanted to let you know about THE GRACE CARD app released on Facebook last weekend! This app provides you and your fans/friends the opportunity to share an exclusive 5-minute clip of the movie with their friends!

Please feel free to share this information/links on your blog as well:
"WATCH an exclusive 5-minute clip from the The Grace Card movie's FACEBOOK page before it opens in theaters across the nation next Friday, 2/25/2011!"

1. DIRECT LINK to app: http://apps.facebook.com/providentfilms/thegracecard/splash?utm_source=thegracecard_2_14
2. Link to Grace Card fan page: http://www.facebook.com/thegracecard?sk=app_7146470109

Carolyn NC said...

Wow, you've been busy! Very nice stitching, too!