Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Big Storm...

I just got off the phone with my friend living in northern North Dakota near
the Canadian border.

She said that since early this morning the snow has been nearly waist high

and is still falling.

The temperature is dropping way below zero and the north wind is

increasing to near gale force.

Her husband has done nothing but look through the kitchen window and

stare.

She says that if it gets much worse, she may have to let him in.


I'm sorry guys, I couldn't resist, my friend sent this to me and after the

weather the people out west are experiencing, I just had to send this on.
*Hugs*

We did get a bit of icing yesterday though, so my Tuesday plans fell through. Hopefully I'll be able to make up everything except the art class tomorrow. If you are experiencing the storm of the century, I hope you stay safe and warm. You are in my thoughts! I've been stitching and hopefully by Friday I'll have more pictures for you. In the meanwhile, keep smiling, when life hands you lemons, make lemonade!

7 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tricia T said...

Bwahahahaha!!! That made me laugh! :-)

Edy said...

So far it's been mainly rain up here in the Apple. Stay safe in DE

Astrids dragon said...

Now there's an idea!
I was very disappointed we didn't get snow, enough of this rain stuff. So, please give me snow so I can make snowballs!

Maggee said...

That is hilarious! Made me laugh and laugh, and then my sister heard me--so I shared it with her, and she laughed a bunch too! Looking forward to seeing pictures soon! Hugs!

Gillie said...

We got snow and I went to a hotel - I am back in MI packing up the house and the WT is in Japan - does that sound familiar, lol? I'll be calling you before I leave!

Mouse said...

I am still giggling about this one ...lol DH just rolled his eyes when he read it heheheh ...hopefully you managed to get to your classes .... we have sun again today but very windy outside :( love mouse xxxx